Another county eligible for post-tornado assistance
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2013
JEFFERSON DAVIS COUNTY — Residents and businesses in Jefferson Davis County affected by the severe storms, flooding and tornadoes of Feb. 10 are now eligible to apply for federal disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
“The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has been working hard with our local, state, federal and nonprofit partners to find assistance wherever it is available,” said MEMA Director Robert Latham. “I greatly appreciate FEMA’s decision to provide assistance to Jefferson Davis County.
Approved in this designation is individual assistance — grants to individuals and households.
FEMA’s program includes temporary housing assistance, uninsured or underinsured personal property losses, medical, dental and funeral expenses caused by the disaster, other disaster-related expenses and serious needs and low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Residents in Jefferson Davis County who have already registered for disaster assistance with FEMA do not need to register again.
Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne counties were previously designated for individual assistance and public assistance for local governments and some private nonprofits.
Anyone with damages in these counties may apply now by going to www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). C-Spire Wireless customers can call #362 to register. The speech or hearing impaired may call (TTY) 1-800-462-7585.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)