Another county eligible for post-tornado assistance
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 4,2013
JEFFERSON DAVIS COUNTY — Residents and businesses in Jefferson Davis County affected by the severe storms, flooding and tornadoes of Feb. 10 are now eligible to apply for federal disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
“The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency has been working hard with our local, state, federal and nonprofit partners to find assistance wherever it is available,” said MEMA Director Robert Latham. “I greatly appreciate FEMA’s decision to provide assistance to Jefferson Davis County.
Approved in this designation is individual assistance — grants to individuals and households.
FEMA’s program includes temporary housing assistance, uninsured or underinsured personal property losses, medical, dental and funeral expenses caused by the disaster, other disaster-related expenses and serious needs and low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Residents in Jefferson Davis County who have already registered for disaster assistance with FEMA do not need to register again.
Forrest, Lamar, Marion and Wayne counties were previously designated for individual assistance and public assistance for local governments and some private nonprofits.
Anyone with damages in these counties may apply now by going to www.disasterassistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). C-Spire Wireless customers can call #362 to register. The speech or hearing impaired may call (TTY) 1-800-462-7585.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game