enHance lands nine new members, three renewals
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has accepted nine new members and three renewing members into its enHance program.
enHance is a voluntary stewardship program that recognizes committed environmental leaders who accomplish goals beyond their legal requirements. enHance is open to facilities, cities, counties, and other entities who are interested in the program, and applicants can choose from three tiers: Associate, Steward, or Leader.
The new members for 2013:
• Leaders — Anel Corporation (Winona); Hol-Mac Corporation–Plant 1 (Bay Springs); Hol-Mac Corporation–Plant 2 (Bay Springs); Hol-Mac Corporation–Plant 3 (Bay Springs); and, Tupelo Sleeper–Leggett & Platt (Tupelo)
• Stewards — Southwire Company (Starkville)
• Associates — American Eurocopter Corporation (Columbus); City of Natchez Water Works; and, Haworth Inc. (Bruce)
Renewing members are: Associates Quantum Choctaw Power, LLC (Ackerman); Choctaw Generation, LP-Red Hills Power Plant (Ackerman); and, the Naval Construction Battalion Center (Gulfport) as a Leader.
Current enHance members:
• Leaders; Baxter International (Cleveland); AkzoNobel-Eka Chemicals (Columbus); International Paper (Redwood); Nucor/General Recycling (Flowood); 14th Flying Training Wing/Columbus Air Force Base (Columbus); The Cooper Tire Company (Tupelo); Custom Engineered Wheels (Tupelo); Flexsteel Commercial Seating Division (Starkville); Nissan North America, Inc. Canton Manufacturing Plant (Canton); Leaf River Cellulose, LLC (New Augusta); Northrop Grumman (Moss Point); Super Sagless (Tupelo); and, Southern Natural Gas Company-Onward Compressor Station (Cary)
• Stewards — Hunter Douglas (Tupelo); DTE Petcoke (Vicksburg); Ark-Ell Springs (Houlka); Zeon Chemicals Mississippi Plant (Hattiesburg); City of Ridgeland; City of Southaven; City of Quitman; and, City of Hernando
• Associates — U.S. Government Printing Office (Stennis Space Center)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry