enHance lands nine new members, three renewals
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2013
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has accepted nine new members and three renewing members into its enHance program.
enHance is a voluntary stewardship program that recognizes committed environmental leaders who accomplish goals beyond their legal requirements. enHance is open to facilities, cities, counties, and other entities who are interested in the program, and applicants can choose from three tiers: Associate, Steward, or Leader.
The new members for 2013:
• Leaders — Anel Corporation (Winona); Hol-Mac Corporation–Plant 1 (Bay Springs); Hol-Mac Corporation–Plant 2 (Bay Springs); Hol-Mac Corporation–Plant 3 (Bay Springs); and, Tupelo Sleeper–Leggett & Platt (Tupelo)
• Stewards — Southwire Company (Starkville)
• Associates — American Eurocopter Corporation (Columbus); City of Natchez Water Works; and, Haworth Inc. (Bruce)
Renewing members are: Associates Quantum Choctaw Power, LLC (Ackerman); Choctaw Generation, LP-Red Hills Power Plant (Ackerman); and, the Naval Construction Battalion Center (Gulfport) as a Leader.
Current enHance members:
• Leaders; Baxter International (Cleveland); AkzoNobel-Eka Chemicals (Columbus); International Paper (Redwood); Nucor/General Recycling (Flowood); 14th Flying Training Wing/Columbus Air Force Base (Columbus); The Cooper Tire Company (Tupelo); Custom Engineered Wheels (Tupelo); Flexsteel Commercial Seating Division (Starkville); Nissan North America, Inc. Canton Manufacturing Plant (Canton); Leaf River Cellulose, LLC (New Augusta); Northrop Grumman (Moss Point); Super Sagless (Tupelo); and, Southern Natural Gas Company-Onward Compressor Station (Cary)
• Stewards — Hunter Douglas (Tupelo); DTE Petcoke (Vicksburg); Ark-Ell Springs (Houlka); Zeon Chemicals Mississippi Plant (Hattiesburg); City of Ridgeland; City of Southaven; City of Quitman; and, City of Hernando
• Associates — U.S. Government Printing Office (Stennis Space Center)
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year