Law firm expands footprint in Florida with merger
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2013
JACKSON — The law firms of Adams and Reese LLP and Jacksonville, Fla.-based Volpe, Bajalia, Wickes, Rogerson & Wachs (VBWR) have merged, growing Adams and Reese to 15 offices nationwide and five offices in the state of Florida.
The merger was announced jointly by Adams and Reese managing partner, Charles P. Adams Jr. and VBWR shareholder, Timothy W. Volpe, who will serve as the partner in charge of the Adams and Reese Jacksonville office.
With 12 attorneys joining the firm in Jacksonville, the Adams and Reese attorney count increases to 313, and the firm’s footprint now includes 14 markets.
Adams said, “Our firm’s strategic plan directs selective growth in targeted markets, and Jacksonville has been in our sights for some time. The Volpe firm is a widely respected, AV-rated commercial and business litigation firm. We were very impressed with them from the time we were introduced. From the outset, our firms appeared to be a perfect fit with similar values, clients and a complementary practice mix.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding