Law firm expands footprint in Florida with merger
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2013
JACKSON — The law firms of Adams and Reese LLP and Jacksonville, Fla.-based Volpe, Bajalia, Wickes, Rogerson & Wachs (VBWR) have merged, growing Adams and Reese to 15 offices nationwide and five offices in the state of Florida.
The merger was announced jointly by Adams and Reese managing partner, Charles P. Adams Jr. and VBWR shareholder, Timothy W. Volpe, who will serve as the partner in charge of the Adams and Reese Jacksonville office.
With 12 attorneys joining the firm in Jacksonville, the Adams and Reese attorney count increases to 313, and the firm’s footprint now includes 14 markets.
Adams said, “Our firm’s strategic plan directs selective growth in targeted markets, and Jacksonville has been in our sights for some time. The Volpe firm is a widely respected, AV-rated commercial and business litigation firm. We were very impressed with them from the time we were introduced. From the outset, our firms appeared to be a perfect fit with similar values, clients and a complementary practice mix.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training