Law firm expands footprint in Florida with merger
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2013
JACKSON — The law firms of Adams and Reese LLP and Jacksonville, Fla.-based Volpe, Bajalia, Wickes, Rogerson & Wachs (VBWR) have merged, growing Adams and Reese to 15 offices nationwide and five offices in the state of Florida.
The merger was announced jointly by Adams and Reese managing partner, Charles P. Adams Jr. and VBWR shareholder, Timothy W. Volpe, who will serve as the partner in charge of the Adams and Reese Jacksonville office.
With 12 attorneys joining the firm in Jacksonville, the Adams and Reese attorney count increases to 313, and the firm’s footprint now includes 14 markets.
Adams said, “Our firm’s strategic plan directs selective growth in targeted markets, and Jacksonville has been in our sights for some time. The Volpe firm is a widely respected, AV-rated commercial and business litigation firm. We were very impressed with them from the time we were introduced. From the outset, our firms appeared to be a perfect fit with similar values, clients and a complementary practice mix.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist