Law firm expands footprint in Florida with merger
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 5,2013
JACKSON — The law firms of Adams and Reese LLP and Jacksonville, Fla.-based Volpe, Bajalia, Wickes, Rogerson & Wachs (VBWR) have merged, growing Adams and Reese to 15 offices nationwide and five offices in the state of Florida.
The merger was announced jointly by Adams and Reese managing partner, Charles P. Adams Jr. and VBWR shareholder, Timothy W. Volpe, who will serve as the partner in charge of the Adams and Reese Jacksonville office.
With 12 attorneys joining the firm in Jacksonville, the Adams and Reese attorney count increases to 313, and the firm’s footprint now includes 14 markets.
Adams said, “Our firm’s strategic plan directs selective growth in targeted markets, and Jacksonville has been in our sights for some time. The Volpe firm is a widely respected, AV-rated commercial and business litigation firm. We were very impressed with them from the time we were introduced. From the outset, our firms appeared to be a perfect fit with similar values, clients and a complementary practice mix.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions