MDEQ lifts one Gulf Coast beach advisory
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2013
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted one water contact advisory issued March 1.
The advisory has been lifted for Station 10-Gulfport Central, which extends from Alfonso Drive east to the old VA entrance.
Water samples at this station show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
A list of stations still under advisory and more information on the Mississippi Beach Monitoring Program are available at www.usm.edu/gcrl/msbeach/index.cgi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics