MDEQ lifts one Gulf Coast beach advisory
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2013
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted one water contact advisory issued March 1.
The advisory has been lifted for Station 10-Gulfport Central, which extends from Alfonso Drive east to the old VA entrance.
Water samples at this station show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
A list of stations still under advisory and more information on the Mississippi Beach Monitoring Program are available at www.usm.edu/gcrl/msbeach/index.cgi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill