MDEQ lifts one Gulf Coast beach advisory
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 6,2013
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted one water contact advisory issued March 1.
The advisory has been lifted for Station 10-Gulfport Central, which extends from Alfonso Drive east to the old VA entrance.
Water samples at this station show the area has attained acceptable bacteria levels.
A list of stations still under advisory and more information on the Mississippi Beach Monitoring Program are available at www.usm.edu/gcrl/msbeach/index.cgi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones