Naval office chooses geospatial firm for mapping
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 7,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — Geocent has been selected to provide Naval Oceanographic Office (NAVOCEANO) the ability to display its forecasted ocean weather data and observations of current ocean weather data on a geospatial map so that it can be viewed on tools such as Google Earth and other Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) based map viewers.
The Navy’s Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP ), Commander, Naval Meteorology & Oceanography Command (CNMOC ) and NAVOCEANO awarded Geocent the Phase III Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) competitive contract. The contract award was based on Geocent’s previous Open Source Common Operational Picture (OpenCOP) SBIR, which provides plug-ins and enhancements needed to serve Network Common Data Form (NetCDF) data as Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) services.
“Geocent is excited to be able to leverage technology we developed under the SBIR program to support our CNMOC customer. This is a great example of how the SBIR program can spawn innovations that can be put into real use to save the government money,” said Geocent’s chief technology officer Keith Alphonso.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders