Contract awarded for ‘whistle stops’ along Tanglefoot Trail
by Associated Press
Published: March 8,2013
PONTOTOC — A Thaxton company has been awarded a $319,000 contract to construct four “whistle stops” along the Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi.
Karen Heintze, project manager for Three Rivers Planning and Development District, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Hooker Construction Company will build “whistle stops” at Ingomar, Ecru, Algoma and Houlka.
“Whistle stops” will include restroom facilities, water fountains, bike racks, benches and picnic tables.
The 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail is being built on an old abandoned railroad corridor. It runs from New Albany through Pontotoc to Houston.
Tanglefoot Trail is tentatively scheduled to open in July of 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- Nullification and interposition