Contract awarded for ‘whistle stops’ along Tanglefoot Trail
Published: March 8,2013
PONTOTOC — A Thaxton company has been awarded a $319,000 contract to construct four “whistle stops” along the Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi.
Karen Heintze, project manager for Three Rivers Planning and Development District, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Hooker Construction Company will build “whistle stops” at Ingomar, Ecru, Algoma and Houlka.
“Whistle stops” will include restroom facilities, water fountains, bike racks, benches and picnic tables.
The 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail is being built on an old abandoned railroad corridor. It runs from New Albany through Pontotoc to Houston.
Tanglefoot Trail is tentatively scheduled to open in July of 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits