Contract awarded for ‘whistle stops’ along Tanglefoot Trail
Published: March 8,2013
PONTOTOC — A Thaxton company has been awarded a $319,000 contract to construct four “whistle stops” along the Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi.
Karen Heintze, project manager for Three Rivers Planning and Development District, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Hooker Construction Company will build “whistle stops” at Ingomar, Ecru, Algoma and Houlka.
“Whistle stops” will include restroom facilities, water fountains, bike racks, benches and picnic tables.
The 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail is being built on an old abandoned railroad corridor. It runs from New Albany through Pontotoc to Houston.
Tanglefoot Trail is tentatively scheduled to open in July of 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves