Contract awarded for ‘whistle stops’ along Tanglefoot Trail
Published: March 8,2013
PONTOTOC — A Thaxton company has been awarded a $319,000 contract to construct four “whistle stops” along the Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi.
Karen Heintze, project manager for Three Rivers Planning and Development District, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Hooker Construction Company will build “whistle stops” at Ingomar, Ecru, Algoma and Houlka.
“Whistle stops” will include restroom facilities, water fountains, bike racks, benches and picnic tables.
The 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail is being built on an old abandoned railroad corridor. It runs from New Albany through Pontotoc to Houston.
Tanglefoot Trail is tentatively scheduled to open in July of 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90