Contract awarded for ‘whistle stops’ along Tanglefoot Trail
by Associated Press
Published: March 8,2013
PONTOTOC — A Thaxton company has been awarded a $319,000 contract to construct four “whistle stops” along the Tanglefoot Trail in north Mississippi.
Karen Heintze, project manager for Three Rivers Planning and Development District, tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal Hooker Construction Company will build “whistle stops” at Ingomar, Ecru, Algoma and Houlka.
“Whistle stops” will include restroom facilities, water fountains, bike racks, benches and picnic tables.
The 44.5-mile Tanglefoot Trail is being built on an old abandoned railroad corridor. It runs from New Albany through Pontotoc to Houston.
Tanglefoot Trail is tentatively scheduled to open in July of 2013.
— Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route