Echols-Williams named officer
Dr. Quenyatta Echols-Williams of Hattiesburg has been appointed deputy district health officer for Southeast Public Health District VIII. Public Health District VIII includes Covington, Forrest, Greene, Jefferson Davis, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry, and Wayne counties. Echols-Williams is a graduate of Tougaloo College and the University of Iowa School of Medicine. After her residency at the Oschner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans, she stayed on board at Oschner with an internal medicine focus. She has been working with the Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative since 2006, where she is known as an active clinician with a passion for chronic disease prevention.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma