Echols-Williams named officer
Dr. Quenyatta Echols-Williams of Hattiesburg has been appointed deputy district health officer for Southeast Public Health District VIII. Public Health District VIII includes Covington, Forrest, Greene, Jefferson Davis, Jones, Lamar, Marion, Perry, and Wayne counties. Echols-Williams is a graduate of Tougaloo College and the University of Iowa School of Medicine. After her residency at the Oschner Clinic Foundation in New Orleans, she stayed on board at Oschner with an internal medicine focus. She has been working with the Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Initiative since 2006, where she is known as an active clinician with a passion for chronic disease prevention.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant