Hederman receives recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
The American Advertising Federation of Jackson recently presented Doug Hederman with the 2013 Silver Medal Award. The Silver Medal Award Program was established in 1959 to recognize men and women who have made outstanding contributions to advertising. Upon graduating from the University of Mississippi with a degree in business administration, Hederman moved to Little Rock, Ark., to work for Cranford Johnson Robinson Woods as vice president and director of public policy. In 1998, he began working for the family business, Hederman Brothers, opening an office in Little Rock. He returned to Jackson in 1999 to continue his path of becoming owner of Hederman Brothers. Hederman served as executive vice president and director of sales prior to being named president of the company in 2006 and COO in 2008.
Hederman is also an active business leader and community volunteer. He serves on the board of directors for Greater Jackson Partnership, Mississippi Baptist Health System, Ole Miss Alumni Association, Young Life of Central Mississippi, Powers & Lake Foundation, Belhaven University, and Jackson Heart Foundation. He will begin serving on the Printing Industry Association of the South (PIAS) board later this year. He also helps with many civic fundraisers, including Mistletoe Marketplace and Holiday Potpourri.
Hederman is married to Blair Biggers Hederman, and they have two children, Holt and Sara.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager