Hederman receives recognition
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
The American Advertising Federation of Jackson recently presented Doug Hederman with the 2013 Silver Medal Award. The Silver Medal Award Program was established in 1959 to recognize men and women who have made outstanding contributions to advertising. Upon graduating from the University of Mississippi with a degree in business administration, Hederman moved to Little Rock, Ark., to work for Cranford Johnson Robinson Woods as vice president and director of public policy. In 1998, he began working for the family business, Hederman Brothers, opening an office in Little Rock. He returned to Jackson in 1999 to continue his path of becoming owner of Hederman Brothers. Hederman served as executive vice president and director of sales prior to being named president of the company in 2006 and COO in 2008.
Hederman is also an active business leader and community volunteer. He serves on the board of directors for Greater Jackson Partnership, Mississippi Baptist Health System, Ole Miss Alumni Association, Young Life of Central Mississippi, Powers & Lake Foundation, Belhaven University, and Jackson Heart Foundation. He will begin serving on the Printing Industry Association of the South (PIAS) board later this year. He also helps with many civic fundraisers, including Mistletoe Marketplace and Holiday Potpourri.
Hederman is married to Blair Biggers Hederman, and they have two children, Holt and Sara.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money