MDEQ lifts two more Coast beach advisories
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
BAY ST. LOUIS and OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted two water contact advisories for Gulf Coast beaches.
• Station 4 — Bay St. Louis, from the box culvert to Ballantine Street
• Station 14 — Front Beach, from Yacht Club to Jackson Avenue in Ocean Springs.
Water samples at these stations show the areas have attained acceptable bacteria levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state