MDEQ lifts two more Coast beach advisories
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
BAY ST. LOUIS and OCEAN SPRINGS — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has lifted two water contact advisories for Gulf Coast beaches.
• Station 4 — Bay St. Louis, from the box culvert to Ballantine Street
• Station 14 — Front Beach, from Yacht Club to Jackson Avenue in Ocean Springs.
Water samples at these stations show the areas have attained acceptable bacteria levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- MEMA warns of hottest temperatures of the year