Museum hires Ward, Varnell
The Mississippi Museum of Art has a new deputy director/chief curator, Roger Ward, and has hired Kathleen Varnell as curatorial associate. Ward will fill the position previously occupied by Dan Piersol, who retired from the museum’s senior artistic post in July 2011. Jackson native Varnell replaces Robin Dietrick, who left her full-time position in December but continues with contract curatorial work and exhibition design with the art museum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren