Museum hires Ward, Varnell
The Mississippi Museum of Art has a new deputy director/chief curator, Roger Ward, and has hired Kathleen Varnell as curatorial associate. Ward will fill the position previously occupied by Dan Piersol, who retired from the museum’s senior artistic post in July 2011. Jackson native Varnell replaces Robin Dietrick, who left her full-time position in December but continues with contract curatorial work and exhibition design with the art museum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast