Museum hires Ward, Varnell
The Mississippi Museum of Art has a new deputy director/chief curator, Roger Ward, and has hired Kathleen Varnell as curatorial associate. Ward will fill the position previously occupied by Dan Piersol, who retired from the museum’s senior artistic post in July 2011. Jackson native Varnell replaces Robin Dietrick, who left her full-time position in December but continues with contract curatorial work and exhibition design with the art museum.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones