North heading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
Elizabeth Gregory North has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service as the department head for MSU’s Office of Agricultural Communications. North began her career as a publications editor for the Alabama Cooperative Extension Service at Auburn University. She then moved to Texas A&M as an assistant professor and communications specialist. Eventually, she became the interim director of communications and marketing for Texas A&M AgriLife, formerly Texas Cooperative Extension. She served as communications leader for the strategic positioning initiative for Texas A&M AgriLife.
In 2011, North founded the strategic communications consultancy Cynosura Communications. She recently led the development of the national Extension Service branding initiative for the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy.
North is a contributor to and member of national marketing leadership groups, including the eXtension Brand Value Community of Practice and the Association for Communications Excellence. She is frequently invited to deliver presentations and training sessions at regional and national conferences. She is a member of the American Marketing Association, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education and the Association for Communications Excellence.
North received her bachelor’s degree from Auburn University and her master’s degree from the University of Rochester. She is a doctoral candidate at Texas A&M.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option