North heading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
Elizabeth Gregory North has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service as the department head for MSU’s Office of Agricultural Communications. North began her career as a publications editor for the Alabama Cooperative Extension Service at Auburn University. She then moved to Texas A&M as an assistant professor and communications specialist. Eventually, she became the interim director of communications and marketing for Texas A&M AgriLife, formerly Texas Cooperative Extension. She served as communications leader for the strategic positioning initiative for Texas A&M AgriLife.
In 2011, North founded the strategic communications consultancy Cynosura Communications. She recently led the development of the national Extension Service branding initiative for the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy.
North is a contributor to and member of national marketing leadership groups, including the eXtension Brand Value Community of Practice and the Association for Communications Excellence. She is frequently invited to deliver presentations and training sessions at regional and national conferences. She is a member of the American Marketing Association, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education and the Association for Communications Excellence.
North received her bachelor’s degree from Auburn University and her master’s degree from the University of Rochester. She is a doctoral candidate at Texas A&M.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- $134M proposed for 10 BP-funded oil spill recovery projects
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson