North heading department
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
Elizabeth Gregory North has joined the Mississippi State University Extension Service as the department head for MSU’s Office of Agricultural Communications. North began her career as a publications editor for the Alabama Cooperative Extension Service at Auburn University. She then moved to Texas A&M as an assistant professor and communications specialist. Eventually, she became the interim director of communications and marketing for Texas A&M AgriLife, formerly Texas Cooperative Extension. She served as communications leader for the strategic positioning initiative for Texas A&M AgriLife.
In 2011, North founded the strategic communications consultancy Cynosura Communications. She recently led the development of the national Extension Service branding initiative for the Extension Committee on Organization and Policy.
North is a contributor to and member of national marketing leadership groups, including the eXtension Brand Value Community of Practice and the Association for Communications Excellence. She is frequently invited to deliver presentations and training sessions at regional and national conferences. She is a member of the American Marketing Association, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education and the Association for Communications Excellence.
North received her bachelor’s degree from Auburn University and her master’s degree from the University of Rochester. She is a doctoral candidate at Texas A&M.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal