Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid
Published: March 8,2013
JACKSON — The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the largest professional organization of pediatricians in the United States and in Mississippi, favors Medicaid expansion.
AAP announced its position in a news release.
In part, the release said: “Pediatricians in the state of Mississippi, a predominately conservative group with conservative values, were recently surveyed about Medicaid expansion in Mississippi. The results: A common opinion that people who understand all the issues are expressing more and more — Mississippi should accept Medicaid expansion.
“Our state’s hospitals will suffer without the expansion, and good jobs will be lost. The state needs to accept expansion because the health care system for our kids and their parents will suffer without Medicaid expansion.
“Mississippi lawmakers should listen to the doctors who care for their kids. Accept Medicaid expansion in order to achieve a healthier Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren