Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid
Published: March 8,2013
JACKSON — The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the largest professional organization of pediatricians in the United States and in Mississippi, favors Medicaid expansion.
AAP announced its position in a news release.
In part, the release said: “Pediatricians in the state of Mississippi, a predominately conservative group with conservative values, were recently surveyed about Medicaid expansion in Mississippi. The results: A common opinion that people who understand all the issues are expressing more and more — Mississippi should accept Medicaid expansion.
“Our state’s hospitals will suffer without the expansion, and good jobs will be lost. The state needs to accept expansion because the health care system for our kids and their parents will suffer without Medicaid expansion.
“Mississippi lawmakers should listen to the doctors who care for their kids. Accept Medicaid expansion in order to achieve a healthier Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment