Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid
Published: March 8,2013
JACKSON — The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the largest professional organization of pediatricians in the United States and in Mississippi, favors Medicaid expansion.
AAP announced its position in a news release.
In part, the release said: “Pediatricians in the state of Mississippi, a predominately conservative group with conservative values, were recently surveyed about Medicaid expansion in Mississippi. The results: A common opinion that people who understand all the issues are expressing more and more — Mississippi should accept Medicaid expansion.
“Our state’s hospitals will suffer without the expansion, and good jobs will be lost. The state needs to accept expansion because the health care system for our kids and their parents will suffer without Medicaid expansion.
“Mississippi lawmakers should listen to the doctors who care for their kids. Accept Medicaid expansion in order to achieve a healthier Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case