Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid
Published: March 8,2013
JACKSON — The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the largest professional organization of pediatricians in the United States and in Mississippi, favors Medicaid expansion.
AAP announced its position in a news release.
In part, the release said: “Pediatricians in the state of Mississippi, a predominately conservative group with conservative values, were recently surveyed about Medicaid expansion in Mississippi. The results: A common opinion that people who understand all the issues are expressing more and more — Mississippi should accept Medicaid expansion.
“Our state’s hospitals will suffer without the expansion, and good jobs will be lost. The state needs to accept expansion because the health care system for our kids and their parents will suffer without Medicaid expansion.
“Mississippi lawmakers should listen to the doctors who care for their kids. Accept Medicaid expansion in order to achieve a healthier Mississippi.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Pediatricians supporting the expansion of Medicaid”
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement