Personhood people must have amnesia
Not withstanding his performance at the Republican convention last year, Clint Eastwood has delivered some of the great lines in movie history.
Personhood sponsors pushing for another Mississippi ballot initiative that would define life as beginning at conception might want to take a look back at one of Eastwood’s classic films “Magnum Force.”
In it, he delivers the great line, “A good man always knows his limitations.”
Apparently, the Personhood movement — collectively — has a short memory, considering its last try at this less than two years ago was hammered by 58 percent of the vote in Mississippi, which is still one of the most conservative states in America.
Sponsors who filed paperwork for a new initiative have said they believe people were misled about the measure that was defeated in November 2011.
It was pretty straight forward.
The fact of the matter is the women across the board were offended by the legislation.
Give it a rest.
Move on to something else.
But, I suppose, everyone has to make a living, and the only way these folks can use the money that is donated to them is by wasting it on legislation that wastes the time of everyone they come in contact with.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Personhood people must have amnesia”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus