Scaggs gets award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
Dr. Susan L. Scaggs, vice president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, has been selected to receive Phi Theta Kappa’s Distinguished College Administrator Award. Scaggs came to MGCCC in 2007.
She currently serves on the Mississippi Coast Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Gulf Coast Sustainable Communities Executive Committee and the Gulf Coast Business Council.
Before coming to MGCCC, Scaggs served as dean of the Caswell County Campus of Piedmont Community College Yanceyville, N.C., and as director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research at Meridian Community College. Working on Rural Community College Initiatives in both Mississippi and North Carolina, she has promoted issues for rural community college students.
A community college graduate, she holds a doctorate in community college leadership from Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option