Scaggs gets award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
Dr. Susan L. Scaggs, vice president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, has been selected to receive Phi Theta Kappa’s Distinguished College Administrator Award. Scaggs came to MGCCC in 2007.
She currently serves on the Mississippi Coast Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Gulf Coast Sustainable Communities Executive Committee and the Gulf Coast Business Council.
Before coming to MGCCC, Scaggs served as dean of the Caswell County Campus of Piedmont Community College Yanceyville, N.C., and as director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research at Meridian Community College. Working on Rural Community College Initiatives in both Mississippi and North Carolina, she has promoted issues for rural community college students.
A community college graduate, she holds a doctorate in community college leadership from Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- PSC’s Mississippi Power probe continues as regulators mull next move
- Department of Environmental Quality developing water sources plan
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Officials hoping quail numbers will rebound