Scaggs gets award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
Dr. Susan L. Scaggs, vice president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, has been selected to receive Phi Theta Kappa’s Distinguished College Administrator Award. Scaggs came to MGCCC in 2007.
She currently serves on the Mississippi Coast Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Gulf Coast Sustainable Communities Executive Committee and the Gulf Coast Business Council.
Before coming to MGCCC, Scaggs served as dean of the Caswell County Campus of Piedmont Community College Yanceyville, N.C., and as director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research at Meridian Community College. Working on Rural Community College Initiatives in both Mississippi and North Carolina, she has promoted issues for rural community college students.
A community college graduate, she holds a doctorate in community college leadership from Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)