Scaggs gets award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
Dr. Susan L. Scaggs, vice president of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus, has been selected to receive Phi Theta Kappa’s Distinguished College Administrator Award. Scaggs came to MGCCC in 2007.
She currently serves on the Mississippi Coast Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, the Gulf Coast Sustainable Communities Executive Committee and the Gulf Coast Business Council.
Before coming to MGCCC, Scaggs served as dean of the Caswell County Campus of Piedmont Community College Yanceyville, N.C., and as director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research at Meridian Community College. Working on Rural Community College Initiatives in both Mississippi and North Carolina, she has promoted issues for rural community college students.
A community college graduate, she holds a doctorate in community college leadership from Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money