UM Law welcomes McCullouch
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
The University of Mississippi School of Law has hired John McCullouch as its associate dean for outreach, putting him in charge of the school’s placement, recruiting and outreach efforts in the Jackson metro area. McCullouch, a Louisville native, previously had a 28-year career with BellSouth, ultimately serving as state general counsel and then as president of the company’s operations.
McCullouch comes to the law school with a lifetime of distinguished work. He has been inducted into the Mississippi Business Hall of Fame and has served as past president or chairman of the Hinds County Bar Association, the University of Mississippi Law Alumni Association, the Mississippi Corporate Counsel Association, the Mississippi Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and the Mississippi Bar Foundation. He has held numerous leadership positions, including terms as chairman of the Mississippi Economic Council, president of the Mississippi World Trade Center, president of the Downtown Jackson Rotary Club, founding chairman of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mississippi, member of the board of directors of Stewpot Community Services and chairman of the TelecomPioneers.
McCullouch is a graduate of the Ole Miss law school and holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University. In law school, he was student body president and received the Dean’s Distinguished Service Award. Before law school, he served two years in U.S. Army as a personnel specialist assigned to the Pentagon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force