UM Law welcomes McCullouch
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 8,2013
The University of Mississippi School of Law has hired John McCullouch as its associate dean for outreach, putting him in charge of the school’s placement, recruiting and outreach efforts in the Jackson metro area. McCullouch, a Louisville native, previously had a 28-year career with BellSouth, ultimately serving as state general counsel and then as president of the company’s operations.
McCullouch comes to the law school with a lifetime of distinguished work. He has been inducted into the Mississippi Business Hall of Fame and has served as past president or chairman of the Hinds County Bar Association, the University of Mississippi Law Alumni Association, the Mississippi Corporate Counsel Association, the Mississippi Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and the Mississippi Bar Foundation. He has held numerous leadership positions, including terms as chairman of the Mississippi Economic Council, president of the Mississippi World Trade Center, president of the Downtown Jackson Rotary Club, founding chairman of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mississippi, member of the board of directors of Stewpot Community Services and chairman of the TelecomPioneers.
McCullouch is a graduate of the Ole Miss law school and holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University. In law school, he was student body president and received the Dean’s Distinguished Service Award. Before law school, he served two years in U.S. Army as a personnel specialist assigned to the Pentagon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders