Co-op refunds $12M-plus to member-borrowers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2013
RIDGELAND — In April, member-borrowers of First South Farm Credit will receive patronage refund checks for 2012 totaling more than $12 million as part of the patronage refund program.
Daniel Viator, chairman of the First South board of directors, said, “This is the 18th consecutive year we’ve paid a patronage refund. Over that period of time First South has declared patronage totaling over $229 million to be paid to its member-borrowers through patronage refunds and retirements of allocated surplus.”
First South Farm Credit is a farmer-owned cooperative providing short, intermediate and long-term financing and related services to full and part-time farmers, agricultural-related businesses and rural residents in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing