Co-op refunds $12M-plus to member-borrowers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2013
RIDGELAND — In April, member-borrowers of First South Farm Credit will receive patronage refund checks for 2012 totaling more than $12 million as part of the patronage refund program.
Daniel Viator, chairman of the First South board of directors, said, “This is the 18th consecutive year we’ve paid a patronage refund. Over that period of time First South has declared patronage totaling over $229 million to be paid to its member-borrowers through patronage refunds and retirements of allocated surplus.”
First South Farm Credit is a farmer-owned cooperative providing short, intermediate and long-term financing and related services to full and part-time farmers, agricultural-related businesses and rural residents in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium