Co-op refunds $12M-plus to member-borrowers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2013
RIDGELAND — In April, member-borrowers of First South Farm Credit will receive patronage refund checks for 2012 totaling more than $12 million as part of the patronage refund program.
Daniel Viator, chairman of the First South board of directors, said, “This is the 18th consecutive year we’ve paid a patronage refund. Over that period of time First South has declared patronage totaling over $229 million to be paid to its member-borrowers through patronage refunds and retirements of allocated surplus.”
First South Farm Credit is a farmer-owned cooperative providing short, intermediate and long-term financing and related services to full and part-time farmers, agricultural-related businesses and rural residents in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office