Officials track down stolen equipment in N. Miss.
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2013
CHOCTAW COUNTY — Investigators from the Mississippi Agricultural and Livestock Theft Bureau (MALTB), the law enforcement division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, in conjunction with Sheriff Cloyd Halford of the Choctaw County Sheriff’s Department, has seized over $250,000.00 of stolen property.
After a lengthy investigation, MALTB investigators and Halford seized the stolen items, which were located on property off of West Fentress Road in Choctaw County. The following list of items were seized at this location: a horse trailer, bulldozer, backhoe, tractors, farm implements, trenching equipment, utility trailers, zero-turn mowers, a golf cart, as well as a Harley Davidson motorcycle and other stolen items.
Some of the recovered items had been reported stolen to Flowood and Pearl Police Departments as well as the Rankin County Sheriff’s Department. Investigators are still in the process of identifying all of the stolen items that were recovered, and one arrest has been made at this time. This investigation is currently on-going, and more information will be released at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game