Officials track down stolen equipment in N. Miss.
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2013
CHOCTAW COUNTY — Investigators from the Mississippi Agricultural and Livestock Theft Bureau (MALTB), the law enforcement division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, in conjunction with Sheriff Cloyd Halford of the Choctaw County Sheriff’s Department, has seized over $250,000.00 of stolen property.
After a lengthy investigation, MALTB investigators and Halford seized the stolen items, which were located on property off of West Fentress Road in Choctaw County. The following list of items were seized at this location: a horse trailer, bulldozer, backhoe, tractors, farm implements, trenching equipment, utility trailers, zero-turn mowers, a golf cart, as well as a Harley Davidson motorcycle and other stolen items.
Some of the recovered items had been reported stolen to Flowood and Pearl Police Departments as well as the Rankin County Sheriff’s Department. Investigators are still in the process of identifying all of the stolen items that were recovered, and one arrest has been made at this time. This investigation is currently on-going, and more information will be released at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast