Officials track down stolen equipment in N. Miss.
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2013
CHOCTAW COUNTY — Investigators from the Mississippi Agricultural and Livestock Theft Bureau (MALTB), the law enforcement division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, in conjunction with Sheriff Cloyd Halford of the Choctaw County Sheriff’s Department, has seized over $250,000.00 of stolen property.
After a lengthy investigation, MALTB investigators and Halford seized the stolen items, which were located on property off of West Fentress Road in Choctaw County. The following list of items were seized at this location: a horse trailer, bulldozer, backhoe, tractors, farm implements, trenching equipment, utility trailers, zero-turn mowers, a golf cart, as well as a Harley Davidson motorcycle and other stolen items.
Some of the recovered items had been reported stolen to Flowood and Pearl Police Departments as well as the Rankin County Sheriff’s Department. Investigators are still in the process of identifying all of the stolen items that were recovered, and one arrest has been made at this time. This investigation is currently on-going, and more information will be released at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics