Officials track down stolen equipment in N. Miss.
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 11,2013
CHOCTAW COUNTY — Investigators from the Mississippi Agricultural and Livestock Theft Bureau (MALTB), the law enforcement division of the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and Commerce, in conjunction with Sheriff Cloyd Halford of the Choctaw County Sheriff’s Department, has seized over $250,000.00 of stolen property.
After a lengthy investigation, MALTB investigators and Halford seized the stolen items, which were located on property off of West Fentress Road in Choctaw County. The following list of items were seized at this location: a horse trailer, bulldozer, backhoe, tractors, farm implements, trenching equipment, utility trailers, zero-turn mowers, a golf cart, as well as a Harley Davidson motorcycle and other stolen items.
Some of the recovered items had been reported stolen to Flowood and Pearl Police Departments as well as the Rankin County Sheriff’s Department. Investigators are still in the process of identifying all of the stolen items that were recovered, and one arrest has been made at this time. This investigation is currently on-going, and more information will be released at a later date.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal