Consultant advises city to expand convention center
Published: March 12,2013
NATCHEZ — Natchez Convention Center managers say a multi-million-dollar expansion of the center will be needed in two years.
The Natchez Democrat reports New Orleans Hotel Consultants president Warren Reuther told Mayor Butch Brown and aldermen at a meeting last week that the center is rapidly approaching 70-percent capacity.
Convention center manager Walter Tipton said the convention center is turning away events because of lack of space, mainly wedding receptions.
Reuther says the convention center is also in need of $174,500 in repairs, including resurfacing the exhibit hall floor and repairs to the sound system, elevator and repainting.
Brown said paying for repairs and an expansion of the convention center will require some “creative thinking.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency