Consultant advises city to expand convention center
Published: March 12,2013
NATCHEZ — Natchez Convention Center managers say a multi-million-dollar expansion of the center will be needed in two years.
The Natchez Democrat reports New Orleans Hotel Consultants president Warren Reuther told Mayor Butch Brown and aldermen at a meeting last week that the center is rapidly approaching 70-percent capacity.
Convention center manager Walter Tipton said the convention center is turning away events because of lack of space, mainly wedding receptions.
Reuther says the convention center is also in need of $174,500 in repairs, including resurfacing the exhibit hall floor and repairs to the sound system, elevator and repainting.
Brown said paying for repairs and an expansion of the convention center will require some “creative thinking.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions