Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway
by Associated Press
Published: March 13,2013
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital plans to open a 12-patient hospice facility for the terminally ill by mid-2015.
The Hattiesburg American reports the Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on five acres of donated land.
Officials with the Forrest General Healthcare Foundation announced a capital campaign to raise $5 million to build the Hospice House. Foundation president Bill Oliver says $1.5 million has already been raised, with $700,000 of that contributed by hospital employees.
Oliver say foundation officials hope to raise the rest of the funds from community members and businesses over the next 18 months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month