Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway
by Associated Press
Published: March 13,2013
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital plans to open a 12-patient hospice facility for the terminally ill by mid-2015.
The Hattiesburg American reports the Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on five acres of donated land.
Officials with the Forrest General Healthcare Foundation announced a capital campaign to raise $5 million to build the Hospice House. Foundation president Bill Oliver says $1.5 million has already been raised, with $700,000 of that contributed by hospital employees.
Oliver say foundation officials hope to raise the rest of the funds from community members and businesses over the next 18 months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!