Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway
Published: March 13,2013
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital plans to open a 12-patient hospice facility for the terminally ill by mid-2015.
The Hattiesburg American reports the Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on five acres of donated land.
Officials with the Forrest General Healthcare Foundation announced a capital campaign to raise $5 million to build the Hospice House. Foundation president Bill Oliver says $1.5 million has already been raised, with $700,000 of that contributed by hospital employees.
Oliver say foundation officials hope to raise the rest of the funds from community members and businesses over the next 18 months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill