Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway
by Associated Press
Published: March 13,2013
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital plans to open a 12-patient hospice facility for the terminally ill by mid-2015.
The Hattiesburg American reports the Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on five acres of donated land.
Officials with the Forrest General Healthcare Foundation announced a capital campaign to raise $5 million to build the Hospice House. Foundation president Bill Oliver says $1.5 million has already been raised, with $700,000 of that contributed by hospital employees.
Oliver say foundation officials hope to raise the rest of the funds from community members and businesses over the next 18 months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway”
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones