Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway
by Associated Press
Published: March 13,2013
HATTIESBURG — Forrest General Hospital plans to open a 12-patient hospice facility for the terminally ill by mid-2015.
The Hattiesburg American reports the Hospice House of South Mississippi will be built on five acres of donated land.
Officials with the Forrest General Healthcare Foundation announced a capital campaign to raise $5 million to build the Hospice House. Foundation president Bill Oliver says $1.5 million has already been raised, with $700,000 of that contributed by hospital employees.
Oliver say foundation officials hope to raise the rest of the funds from community members and businesses over the next 18 months.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Hospital unveils plan for new hospice facility; fundraiser underway”
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county