Team-member NVision wins contract from NOAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) awarded a team, including NVision Solutions Inc., a contract to provide technical support services for the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC).
Signed during NVision’s third fiscal quarter of 2013, the contract has a performance period of four-years and ten-months (including four one-year options).
NVision’s subcontract on the $87 million contracting vehicle is $8 million.
Under the terms of the agreement, NVision services the NDBC Mission Control Center, which handles data processing, quality assurance and piloting of autonomous surface vehicles known as gliders. NVision’s staff includes data analysts, computer systems analysts, network systems analysts, database administrators, programmer analysts and systems engineers.
“The NDBC is critical to public safety, industry, and science,” said NVision president Socorro Harvey. “As a geospatial technology and engineering firm, we have positioned ourselves from day one to serve NOAA and are proud to work with the NDBC.”
This contract represents NVision’s second opportunity with NOAA since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday