Team-member NVision wins contract from NOAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) awarded a team, including NVision Solutions Inc., a contract to provide technical support services for the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC).
Signed during NVision’s third fiscal quarter of 2013, the contract has a performance period of four-years and ten-months (including four one-year options).
NVision’s subcontract on the $87 million contracting vehicle is $8 million.
Under the terms of the agreement, NVision services the NDBC Mission Control Center, which handles data processing, quality assurance and piloting of autonomous surface vehicles known as gliders. NVision’s staff includes data analysts, computer systems analysts, network systems analysts, database administrators, programmer analysts and systems engineers.
“The NDBC is critical to public safety, industry, and science,” said NVision president Socorro Harvey. “As a geospatial technology and engineering firm, we have positioned ourselves from day one to serve NOAA and are proud to work with the NDBC.”
This contract represents NVision’s second opportunity with NOAA since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point