Team-member NVision wins contract from NOAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) awarded a team, including NVision Solutions Inc., a contract to provide technical support services for the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC).
Signed during NVision’s third fiscal quarter of 2013, the contract has a performance period of four-years and ten-months (including four one-year options).
NVision’s subcontract on the $87 million contracting vehicle is $8 million.
Under the terms of the agreement, NVision services the NDBC Mission Control Center, which handles data processing, quality assurance and piloting of autonomous surface vehicles known as gliders. NVision’s staff includes data analysts, computer systems analysts, network systems analysts, database administrators, programmer analysts and systems engineers.
“The NDBC is critical to public safety, industry, and science,” said NVision president Socorro Harvey. “As a geospatial technology and engineering firm, we have positioned ourselves from day one to serve NOAA and are proud to work with the NDBC.”
This contract represents NVision’s second opportunity with NOAA since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases