Team-member NVision wins contract from NOAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) awarded a team, including NVision Solutions Inc., a contract to provide technical support services for the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC).
Signed during NVision’s third fiscal quarter of 2013, the contract has a performance period of four-years and ten-months (including four one-year options).
NVision’s subcontract on the $87 million contracting vehicle is $8 million.
Under the terms of the agreement, NVision services the NDBC Mission Control Center, which handles data processing, quality assurance and piloting of autonomous surface vehicles known as gliders. NVision’s staff includes data analysts, computer systems analysts, network systems analysts, database administrators, programmer analysts and systems engineers.
“The NDBC is critical to public safety, industry, and science,” said NVision president Socorro Harvey. “As a geospatial technology and engineering firm, we have positioned ourselves from day one to serve NOAA and are proud to work with the NDBC.”
This contract represents NVision’s second opportunity with NOAA since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015