Team-member NVision wins contract from NOAA
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 14,2013
HANCOCK COUNTY — The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) awarded a team, including NVision Solutions Inc., a contract to provide technical support services for the National Data Buoy Center (NDBC).
Signed during NVision’s third fiscal quarter of 2013, the contract has a performance period of four-years and ten-months (including four one-year options).
NVision’s subcontract on the $87 million contracting vehicle is $8 million.
Under the terms of the agreement, NVision services the NDBC Mission Control Center, which handles data processing, quality assurance and piloting of autonomous surface vehicles known as gliders. NVision’s staff includes data analysts, computer systems analysts, network systems analysts, database administrators, programmer analysts and systems engineers.
“The NDBC is critical to public safety, industry, and science,” said NVision president Socorro Harvey. “As a geospatial technology and engineering firm, we have positioned ourselves from day one to serve NOAA and are proud to work with the NDBC.”
This contract represents NVision’s second opportunity with NOAA since 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- Court ruling on Section 42 leaves taxpayers on hook for tax repayments
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty to illegal wildlife trapping