Law school hires McCullouch
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 15,2013
The University of Mississippi School of Law has hired John McCullouch as its associate dean for outreach, putting him in charge of the school’s placement, recruiting and outreach efforts in the Jackson metro area. McCullouch, a Louisville native, previously had a 28-year career with BellSouth, ultimately serving as state general counsel and then as president of the company’s operations.
McCullouch comes to the law school with a lifetime of distinguished work. He has been inducted into the Mississippi Business Hall of Fame and has served as past president or chairman of the Hinds County Bar Association, the University of Mississippi Law Alumni Association, the Mississippi Corporate Counsel Association, the Mississippi Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and the Mississippi Bar Foundation. He has held numerous leadership positions, including terms as chairman of the Mississippi Economic Council, president of the Mississippi World Trade Center, president of the Downtown Jackson Rotary Club, founding chairman of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mississippi, member of the board of directors of Stewpot Community Services and chairman of the TelecomPioneers.
McCullouch is a graduate of the Ole Miss law school and holds a bachelor’s degree from Mississippi State University. In law school, he was student body president and received the Dean’s Distinguished Service Award. Before law school, he served two years in U.S. Army as a personnel specialist assigned to the Pentagon.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Law school hires McCullouch”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot