Waters closed to oystermen due to swollen river
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 15,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has closed Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters and Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters to the harvest of oysters, effective at 4 p.m. yesterday.
The agency reports it took the action due to the Pearl River stage exceeding MDMR’s management plan criteria for these areas. The management plan is designed to help ensure the quality of oysters and protect the public health.
The areas are:
• Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters — Square Handkerchief Reef and southern portions of Henderson Point Reef
• Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters — southern portions of the Pass Christian Reef
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years