Waters closed to oystermen due to swollen river
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 15,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has closed Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters and Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters to the harvest of oysters, effective at 4 p.m. yesterday.
The agency reports it took the action due to the Pearl River stage exceeding MDMR’s management plan criteria for these areas. The management plan is designed to help ensure the quality of oysters and protect the public health.
The areas are:
• Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters — Square Handkerchief Reef and southern portions of Henderson Point Reef
• Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters — southern portions of the Pass Christian Reef
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?