Waters closed to oystermen due to swollen river
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 15,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has closed Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters and Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters to the harvest of oysters, effective at 4 p.m. yesterday.
The agency reports it took the action due to the Pearl River stage exceeding MDMR’s management plan criteria for these areas. The management plan is designed to help ensure the quality of oysters and protect the public health.
The areas are:
• Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters — Square Handkerchief Reef and southern portions of Henderson Point Reef
• Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters — southern portions of the Pass Christian Reef
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip