Waters closed to oystermen due to swollen river
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 15,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has closed Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters and Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters to the harvest of oysters, effective at 4 p.m. yesterday.
The agency reports it took the action due to the Pearl River stage exceeding MDMR’s management plan criteria for these areas. The management plan is designed to help ensure the quality of oysters and protect the public health.
The areas are:
• Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters — Square Handkerchief Reef and southern portions of Henderson Point Reef
• Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters — southern portions of the Pass Christian Reef
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss