Waters closed to oystermen due to swollen river
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 15,2013
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources has closed Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters and Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters to the harvest of oysters, effective at 4 p.m. yesterday.
The agency reports it took the action due to the Pearl River stage exceeding MDMR’s management plan criteria for these areas. The management plan is designed to help ensure the quality of oysters and protect the public health.
The areas are:
• Area II “E” Conditionally Approved Waters — Square Handkerchief Reef and southern portions of Henderson Point Reef
• Area II “F” Conditionally Approved Waters — southern portions of the Pass Christian Reef
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino