Hospital trustees ask for meeting with supervisors
by Associated Press
Published: March 18,2013
NATCHEZ — The Adams County Board of Supervisors expects to meet this week with Natchez Regional Medical Center’s board of trustees.
Supervisors tell The Natchez Democrat the meeting is at the request of the hospital board, and will be used to discuss the county-owned hospital’s plans for the future and might include discussions of the hospital’s settlement with its former management company.
The hospital sued Quorum Health Resources for $42 million in 2009, alleging that QHR’s management of the hospital from the 1990s until 2008 bankrupted the hospital. NRMC has since exited bankruptcy, and in December the lawsuit was settled before it went to trial. The federal judge who approved the settlement sealed it.
Though they appoint the hospital trustees, the supervisors have to date not been apprised of the settlement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast