Mall redevelopment will mean massive demolition
Published: March 18,2013
GAUTIER — The redeveloped Singing River Mall will be an open-air shopping center that requires demolition of about 250,000 square feet of existing space. That’s according to an agreement on the city council’s agenda last week.
The Mississippi Press reports the proposed agreement points to a 350,000-square-foot high-quality mixed-use development with anchor, junior anchor and smaller commercial businesses, office buildings, parking facilities and at least 2 sit-down, full-service restaurants.
The agreement is between the city, the Wal-Mart Real Estate Trust and developers Singing River, LLC and SM Properties Gautier, LLC.
The city announced in January that Wal-Mart would build a store at the mall site, also bringing several hundred jobs to Jackson County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015