Mall redevelopment will mean massive demolition
Published: March 18,2013
GAUTIER — The redeveloped Singing River Mall will be an open-air shopping center that requires demolition of about 250,000 square feet of existing space. That’s according to an agreement on the city council’s agenda last week.
The Mississippi Press reports the proposed agreement points to a 350,000-square-foot high-quality mixed-use development with anchor, junior anchor and smaller commercial businesses, office buildings, parking facilities and at least 2 sit-down, full-service restaurants.
The agreement is between the city, the Wal-Mart Real Estate Trust and developers Singing River, LLC and SM Properties Gautier, LLC.
The city announced in January that Wal-Mart would build a store at the mall site, also bringing several hundred jobs to Jackson County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice