Mall redevelopment will mean massive demolition
by Associated Press
Published: March 18,2013
GAUTIER — The redeveloped Singing River Mall will be an open-air shopping center that requires demolition of about 250,000 square feet of existing space. That’s according to an agreement on the city council’s agenda last week.
The Mississippi Press reports the proposed agreement points to a 350,000-square-foot high-quality mixed-use development with anchor, junior anchor and smaller commercial businesses, office buildings, parking facilities and at least 2 sit-down, full-service restaurants.
The agreement is between the city, the Wal-Mart Real Estate Trust and developers Singing River, LLC and SM Properties Gautier, LLC.
The city announced in January that Wal-Mart would build a store at the mall site, also bringing several hundred jobs to Jackson County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014