Mall redevelopment will mean massive demolition
Published: March 18,2013
GAUTIER — The redeveloped Singing River Mall will be an open-air shopping center that requires demolition of about 250,000 square feet of existing space. That’s according to an agreement on the city council’s agenda last week.
The Mississippi Press reports the proposed agreement points to a 350,000-square-foot high-quality mixed-use development with anchor, junior anchor and smaller commercial businesses, office buildings, parking facilities and at least 2 sit-down, full-service restaurants.
The agreement is between the city, the Wal-Mart Real Estate Trust and developers Singing River, LLC and SM Properties Gautier, LLC.
The city announced in January that Wal-Mart would build a store at the mall site, also bringing several hundred jobs to Jackson County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company