Mall redevelopment will mean massive demolition
Published: March 18,2013
GAUTIER — The redeveloped Singing River Mall will be an open-air shopping center that requires demolition of about 250,000 square feet of existing space. That’s according to an agreement on the city council’s agenda last week.
The Mississippi Press reports the proposed agreement points to a 350,000-square-foot high-quality mixed-use development with anchor, junior anchor and smaller commercial businesses, office buildings, parking facilities and at least 2 sit-down, full-service restaurants.
The agreement is between the city, the Wal-Mart Real Estate Trust and developers Singing River, LLC and SM Properties Gautier, LLC.
The city announced in January that Wal-Mart would build a store at the mall site, also bringing several hundred jobs to Jackson County.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators