Auditor returns nearly $100K to county following investigation
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2013
IUKA — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has returned $92,583.71 to the Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors following an investigation into former Chancery Clerk Hayden Ables’ misappropriation of public funds.
The Auditor’s Office found that Ables used his position as chancery clerk to obtain personal benefit for services he did not perform. Ables submitted false documentation to the Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors to receive improper payments in violation of the laws of the State of Mississippi, and he did not reimburse the county in a timely manner regarding his employees’ payroll and failed to remit the proper amounts.
The investigation also found that he received extra compensation in excess amounts approved by the board of supervisors, and he falsified board minutes to receive pay.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Auditor returns nearly $100K to county following investigation”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency