Auditor returns nearly $100K to county following investigation
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2013
IUKA — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has returned $92,583.71 to the Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors following an investigation into former Chancery Clerk Hayden Ables’ misappropriation of public funds.
The Auditor’s Office found that Ables used his position as chancery clerk to obtain personal benefit for services he did not perform. Ables submitted false documentation to the Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors to receive improper payments in violation of the laws of the State of Mississippi, and he did not reimburse the county in a timely manner regarding his employees’ payroll and failed to remit the proper amounts.
The investigation also found that he received extra compensation in excess amounts approved by the board of supervisors, and he falsified board minutes to receive pay.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Auditor returns nearly $100K to county following investigation”
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years