Auditor returns nearly $100K to county following investigation
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2013
IUKA — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has returned $92,583.71 to the Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors following an investigation into former Chancery Clerk Hayden Ables’ misappropriation of public funds.
The Auditor’s Office found that Ables used his position as chancery clerk to obtain personal benefit for services he did not perform. Ables submitted false documentation to the Tishomingo County Board of Supervisors to receive improper payments in violation of the laws of the State of Mississippi, and he did not reimburse the county in a timely manner regarding his employees’ payroll and failed to remit the proper amounts.
The investigation also found that he received extra compensation in excess amounts approved by the board of supervisors, and he falsified board minutes to receive pay.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Auditor returns nearly $100K to county following investigation”
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions