Beer wholesaler becomes inaugural recipient of award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2013
TUPELO — Mitchell Distributing Company was recognized by Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) as one of the top wholesalers in the country at the annual Wholesalers Excellence Meeting in Las Vegas.
Mitchell Distributing was selected as an inaugural recipient of the Ambassadors of Excellence Award, an award granted to wholesalers who have earned “Top Performer” status for three consecutive years. Only seven ABI wholesalers, out of more than 700 around the country, received the award, according to a release from the Tupelo-based company.
President Adam Mitchell said, “This is a team award, and we are honored to bring it back to Mississippi.”
In recognition, Mitchell Distributing will receive a commemorative Clydesdale trophy to be delivered to Tupelo by the world-famous Clydesdale hitch.
With warehouse locations in Meridian, Leland, Columbus and Tupelo, Mitchell Distributing is the second-largest Anheuser-Busch wholesaler in Mississippi, serving approximately one-fourth of Mississippi’s counties. Mitchell Distributing is a third-generation, family-owned company with roots dating back to the 1930s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones