Beer wholesaler becomes inaugural recipient of award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2013
TUPELO — Mitchell Distributing Company was recognized by Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) as one of the top wholesalers in the country at the annual Wholesalers Excellence Meeting in Las Vegas.
Mitchell Distributing was selected as an inaugural recipient of the Ambassadors of Excellence Award, an award granted to wholesalers who have earned “Top Performer” status for three consecutive years. Only seven ABI wholesalers, out of more than 700 around the country, received the award, according to a release from the Tupelo-based company.
President Adam Mitchell said, “This is a team award, and we are honored to bring it back to Mississippi.”
In recognition, Mitchell Distributing will receive a commemorative Clydesdale trophy to be delivered to Tupelo by the world-famous Clydesdale hitch.
With warehouse locations in Meridian, Leland, Columbus and Tupelo, Mitchell Distributing is the second-largest Anheuser-Busch wholesaler in Mississippi, serving approximately one-fourth of Mississippi’s counties. Mitchell Distributing is a third-generation, family-owned company with roots dating back to the 1930s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19