Beer wholesaler becomes inaugural recipient of award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2013
TUPELO — Mitchell Distributing Company was recognized by Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) as one of the top wholesalers in the country at the annual Wholesalers Excellence Meeting in Las Vegas.
Mitchell Distributing was selected as an inaugural recipient of the Ambassadors of Excellence Award, an award granted to wholesalers who have earned “Top Performer” status for three consecutive years. Only seven ABI wholesalers, out of more than 700 around the country, received the award, according to a release from the Tupelo-based company.
President Adam Mitchell said, “This is a team award, and we are honored to bring it back to Mississippi.”
In recognition, Mitchell Distributing will receive a commemorative Clydesdale trophy to be delivered to Tupelo by the world-famous Clydesdale hitch.
With warehouse locations in Meridian, Leland, Columbus and Tupelo, Mitchell Distributing is the second-largest Anheuser-Busch wholesaler in Mississippi, serving approximately one-fourth of Mississippi’s counties. Mitchell Distributing is a third-generation, family-owned company with roots dating back to the 1930s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi