Beer wholesaler becomes inaugural recipient of award
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 20,2013
TUPELO — Mitchell Distributing Company was recognized by Anheuser-Busch InBev (ABI) as one of the top wholesalers in the country at the annual Wholesalers Excellence Meeting in Las Vegas.
Mitchell Distributing was selected as an inaugural recipient of the Ambassadors of Excellence Award, an award granted to wholesalers who have earned “Top Performer” status for three consecutive years. Only seven ABI wholesalers, out of more than 700 around the country, received the award, according to a release from the Tupelo-based company.
President Adam Mitchell said, “This is a team award, and we are honored to bring it back to Mississippi.”
In recognition, Mitchell Distributing will receive a commemorative Clydesdale trophy to be delivered to Tupelo by the world-famous Clydesdale hitch.
With warehouse locations in Meridian, Leland, Columbus and Tupelo, Mitchell Distributing is the second-largest Anheuser-Busch wholesaler in Mississippi, serving approximately one-fourth of Mississippi’s counties. Mitchell Distributing is a third-generation, family-owned company with roots dating back to the 1930s.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues