Council action clears way for major mall redevelopment
by Associated Press
Published: March 20,2013
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has approved a development and reimbursement agreement that would allow plans for the Singing River Mall to proceed.
With the approval of the agreement between the city, Wal-Mart, Singing River Mall and SM Properties Gautier LLC, mall developers can now begin the design of the open-air mall.
The Sun Herald reports the mall developer will pay costs for utilities, gas lines and storm drainage up to $20 million. It will also pay for a new splash pad and town center improvements such as landscaping.
The city will reimburse the developer from the issuance of a tax-increment financing bond and will pay the bond with the new taxes generated from the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip