Council action clears way for major mall redevelopment
Published: March 20,2013
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has approved a development and reimbursement agreement that would allow plans for the Singing River Mall to proceed.
With the approval of the agreement between the city, Wal-Mart, Singing River Mall and SM Properties Gautier LLC, mall developers can now begin the design of the open-air mall.
The Sun Herald reports the mall developer will pay costs for utilities, gas lines and storm drainage up to $20 million. It will also pay for a new splash pad and town center improvements such as landscaping.
The city will reimburse the developer from the issuance of a tax-increment financing bond and will pay the bond with the new taxes generated from the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal