Council action clears way for major mall redevelopment
Published: March 20,2013
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has approved a development and reimbursement agreement that would allow plans for the Singing River Mall to proceed.
With the approval of the agreement between the city, Wal-Mart, Singing River Mall and SM Properties Gautier LLC, mall developers can now begin the design of the open-air mall.
The Sun Herald reports the mall developer will pay costs for utilities, gas lines and storm drainage up to $20 million. It will also pay for a new splash pad and town center improvements such as landscaping.
The city will reimburse the developer from the issuance of a tax-increment financing bond and will pay the bond with the new taxes generated from the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment