Council action clears way for major mall redevelopment
Published: March 20,2013
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has approved a development and reimbursement agreement that would allow plans for the Singing River Mall to proceed.
With the approval of the agreement between the city, Wal-Mart, Singing River Mall and SM Properties Gautier LLC, mall developers can now begin the design of the open-air mall.
The Sun Herald reports the mall developer will pay costs for utilities, gas lines and storm drainage up to $20 million. It will also pay for a new splash pad and town center improvements such as landscaping.
The city will reimburse the developer from the issuance of a tax-increment financing bond and will pay the bond with the new taxes generated from the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions