Council action clears way for major mall redevelopment
by Associated Press
Published: March 20,2013
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has approved a development and reimbursement agreement that would allow plans for the Singing River Mall to proceed.
With the approval of the agreement between the city, Wal-Mart, Singing River Mall and SM Properties Gautier LLC, mall developers can now begin the design of the open-air mall.
The Sun Herald reports the mall developer will pay costs for utilities, gas lines and storm drainage up to $20 million. It will also pay for a new splash pad and town center improvements such as landscaping.
The city will reimburse the developer from the issuance of a tax-increment financing bond and will pay the bond with the new taxes generated from the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- The link between education and economic development
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- Expeditors working out logistics to open Jackson office next month