Contractor named one of safest in U.S. by ABC
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2013
PHILADELPHIA — The national Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) has honored Yates Construction for maintaining a safety record that has earned the company recognition in the NAICS 236 – General Contractor category of ABC’s National Safety Excellence Awards.
Michael D. Bellaman, ABC president and CEO, said, “Yates Construction has truly shown a dedication to becoming one of the leaders for the industry by striving to create the safest work environment possible for its employees.”
The 2012 National Safety Excellence Award winners were selected from ABC member firms that achieved Diamond and Platinum status in ABC’s Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP). During the selection process, national safety winners were judged on self-evaluation scores, lost workday case rates, total recordable rates, leading indicator use, process and program innovations and interviews conducted by members of ABC’s National Environment, Health & Safety Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications