Contractor named one of safest in U.S. by ABC
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2013
PHILADELPHIA — The national Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) has honored Yates Construction for maintaining a safety record that has earned the company recognition in the NAICS 236 – General Contractor category of ABC’s National Safety Excellence Awards.
Michael D. Bellaman, ABC president and CEO, said, “Yates Construction has truly shown a dedication to becoming one of the leaders for the industry by striving to create the safest work environment possible for its employees.”
The 2012 National Safety Excellence Award winners were selected from ABC member firms that achieved Diamond and Platinum status in ABC’s Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP). During the selection process, national safety winners were judged on self-evaluation scores, lost workday case rates, total recordable rates, leading indicator use, process and program innovations and interviews conducted by members of ABC’s National Environment, Health & Safety Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters