Contractor named one of safest in U.S. by ABC
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2013
PHILADELPHIA — The national Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) has honored Yates Construction for maintaining a safety record that has earned the company recognition in the NAICS 236 – General Contractor category of ABC’s National Safety Excellence Awards.
Michael D. Bellaman, ABC president and CEO, said, “Yates Construction has truly shown a dedication to becoming one of the leaders for the industry by striving to create the safest work environment possible for its employees.”
The 2012 National Safety Excellence Award winners were selected from ABC member firms that achieved Diamond and Platinum status in ABC’s Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP). During the selection process, national safety winners were judged on self-evaluation scores, lost workday case rates, total recordable rates, leading indicator use, process and program innovations and interviews conducted by members of ABC’s National Environment, Health & Safety Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme