Insurers setting up in Fairgrounds to meet post-storm demand
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2013
JACKSON — Due to the large volume of auto claims being filed following last Monday’s hailstorm, the Mississippi Insurance Department has arranged for insurance companies to use the Mississippi State Fairgrounds as additional damage inspection stations.
These sites will be in addition to the multiple locations companies have set up across the area to inspect vehicles by appointment only.
Beginning tomorrow, representatives from State Farm, Allstate and possibly other insurance companies will be set up at the Fairgrounds doing inspections and evaluations by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted.
“I want to stress that inspections at these sites are by appointment only,” Chaney said. “When you call your insurance agent or insurance company’s #800, you may request your appointment for inspection to be at the Fairgrounds, if your insurer has an inspection station there. The Fairgrounds locations will be of particular benefit to the large number of affected policy-holders who live and work in the downtown area.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist