Insurers setting up in Fairgrounds to meet post-storm demand
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2013
JACKSON — Due to the large volume of auto claims being filed following last Monday’s hailstorm, the Mississippi Insurance Department has arranged for insurance companies to use the Mississippi State Fairgrounds as additional damage inspection stations.
These sites will be in addition to the multiple locations companies have set up across the area to inspect vehicles by appointment only.
Beginning tomorrow, representatives from State Farm, Allstate and possibly other insurance companies will be set up at the Fairgrounds doing inspections and evaluations by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted.
“I want to stress that inspections at these sites are by appointment only,” Chaney said. “When you call your insurance agent or insurance company’s #800, you may request your appointment for inspection to be at the Fairgrounds, if your insurer has an inspection station there. The Fairgrounds locations will be of particular benefit to the large number of affected policy-holders who live and work in the downtown area.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn