Insurers setting up in Fairgrounds to meet post-storm demand
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 21,2013
JACKSON — Due to the large volume of auto claims being filed following last Monday’s hailstorm, the Mississippi Insurance Department has arranged for insurance companies to use the Mississippi State Fairgrounds as additional damage inspection stations.
These sites will be in addition to the multiple locations companies have set up across the area to inspect vehicles by appointment only.
Beginning tomorrow, representatives from State Farm, Allstate and possibly other insurance companies will be set up at the Fairgrounds doing inspections and evaluations by appointment only, no walk-ins will be accepted.
“I want to stress that inspections at these sites are by appointment only,” Chaney said. “When you call your insurance agent or insurance company’s #800, you may request your appointment for inspection to be at the Fairgrounds, if your insurer has an inspection station there. The Fairgrounds locations will be of particular benefit to the large number of affected policy-holders who live and work in the downtown area.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma