Bank taps Brown, Mangum
Kris Mangum and Tom Brown have been elected to the board of directors of Magnolia State Bank. Brown joined the mortgage division of Magnolia State Bank in Petal in 2009. As mortgage loan originator, Brown is responsible for all mortgage loan requests in Petal and Laurel. He attended Ole Miss and graduated from Colorado State University where he received a degree in forest management in 2001. Brown worked for the Colorado Forest Service and then moved to Montana, continuing to work in forest management. After Hurricane Katrina he moved home to Mississippi to work with Project Recovery on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. He is married to the former Nicole Clinton of Sumrall and they live in Petal.
Mangum joined the management team of Magnolia State Bank in 2009. As vice president, he handles commercial and personal loan requests as well as developing new relationships within the Petal-Hattiesburg area. Mangum graduated from the University of Mississippi in 1996 with a BS in public administration. At Ole Miss he received All Southeastern Conference and All American honors. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in 1997, where he still ranks fifth in all-time games played and fifth in all-time receiving. Currently he serves as past chair for the Petal Area Chamber of Commerce. Mangum is married to Mary Ellen Coleman of Petal and they have four children, Ally, Molly, Macy and Kristofer Jr.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement