REILY: Report from Disney offers interesting tidbits
by Ross Reily
Published: March 22,2013
First, if you were to tell me the economy has hurt the bottom line of the “Happiest Place on Earth” I would say you need an extended stay at the Mississippi State Hospital.
Second, as a sports fans, I notice some things I think others might not notice. One is what people are wearing in respect to the teams or schools they support.
In this instance, not every state has Spring Break at the same time, but you could tell many of the states that had the week off by what they were wearing.
Obviously Mississippi had the week off. Having said that, it seemed there were an inordinate number of people wearing Ole Miss and Mississippi State t-shirts. There were more Ole Miss that State, for what that is worth, and I can recall only one Southern Miss shirt and no representation from any of the other schools.
Texas appeared to have the week off also, and the recent success in football for Texas A&M translated in representation at Disney. I saw dozens of people wearing Aggie colors. As for A&M’s rival in Austin, I remember just one Texas Longhorn shirt.
Other state represented were Minnesota, Michigan and Wisconsin.
As for pro teams, baseball ruled the day with more people wearing Boston Red Sox caps, followed by the Yankees and Tigers.
Oh, and Mickey and Minnie? They are fine, too.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss