Shipbuilder wins second contract for tug barge
Published: March 22,2013
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine has gotten a contract to build a second articulated tug barge for Bouchard Transportation Co.
In February, VT Halter announced its contract for the first barge.
Halter Marine CEO Bill Skinner says in a news release that Bouchard Transportation contract will allow the company to maintain a steady workforce well into the future.
The barge has a 250,000-barrel capacity and will be used to transport liquid petroleum.
Construction on the first barge will begin in April at VT Halter’s Pascagoula facility, with delivery scheduled for mid-2015. The barge will enter into Bouchard’s fleet service in New York.
Construction of the second bare will begin in the fourth quarter of this year, with delivery scheduled in February 2016.
VT Halter also has shipyards in Moss Point and Escatawpa.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)