Officials want more ”dirty’ money after successful events
Published: March 25,2013
CORINTH — The Crossroads Arena board hopes to attract more events while dirt is on the arena floor.
The Daily Corinthian reports successful events such as the recent Motocross and Monster Truck shows sparked interest in other such attractions.
The dirt will remain in the arena until the conclusion of the Lonestar Rodeo, which will be held April 12-13.
Arena staff member Cindy Davis says 2,043 paying customers attended the Motocross on March 1-2 while 3,778 paid to see monster trucks perform March 8-9.
Board members discussed the possibility of upgrading the building’s exhaust system prior to next year’s truck show.
“The system we have will not keep up with a motorized event,” said operations manager Greg Moss. “It is doing what it is supposed to do which is pull fresh air into the building, but it’s not a true exhaust system. We need something to pull smoke out.”
Smoke from the monster truck show filled the building and to clear the air, doors had to be opened on a cold night.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image