Five candidates seek Gardner’s vacant House seat
Published: March 26,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Five candidates were running in a special election today in House District 11 to complete the term of the late state Rep. Joe C. Gardner.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
Polls opened at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
If no candidate receives a majority of votes cast in the special election, a runoff election will be held April 16.
The candidates are Marshall Bartlett, Anderson Boothe, Michael Cathey, Lataisha M. Jackson and Ederic L. Kerney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency