Five candidates seek Gardner’s vacant House seat
Published: March 26,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Five candidates were running in a special election today in House District 11 to complete the term of the late state Rep. Joe C. Gardner.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
Polls opened at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
If no candidate receives a majority of votes cast in the special election, a runoff election will be held April 16.
The candidates are Marshall Bartlett, Anderson Boothe, Michael Cathey, Lataisha M. Jackson and Ederic L. Kerney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building