Five candidates seek Gardner’s vacant House seat
by Associated Press
Published: March 26,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Five candidates were running in a special election today in House District 11 to complete the term of the late state Rep. Joe C. Gardner.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
Polls opened at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
If no candidate receives a majority of votes cast in the special election, a runoff election will be held April 16.
The candidates are Marshall Bartlett, Anderson Boothe, Michael Cathey, Lataisha M. Jackson and Ederic L. Kerney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State