Five candidates seek Gardner’s vacant House seat
Published: March 26,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Five candidates were running in a special election today in House District 11 to complete the term of the late state Rep. Joe C. Gardner.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
Polls opened at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
If no candidate receives a majority of votes cast in the special election, a runoff election will be held April 16.
The candidates are Marshall Bartlett, Anderson Boothe, Michael Cathey, Lataisha M. Jackson and Ederic L. Kerney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues