Five candidates seek Gardner’s vacant House seat
Published: March 26,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — Five candidates were running in a special election today in House District 11 to complete the term of the late state Rep. Joe C. Gardner.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
Polls opened at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
If no candidate receives a majority of votes cast in the special election, a runoff election will be held April 16.
The candidates are Marshall Bartlett, Anderson Boothe, Michael Cathey, Lataisha M. Jackson and Ederic L. Kerney.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency