State lawmaker switching parties to GOP
Published: March 26,2013
PONTOTOC — State Sen. Nicky Browning of Pontotoc is switching to the Republican Party.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves, a Republican, made the announcement today.
Browning has served in the Legislature as a Democrat since 1996. He is chairman of the Senate County Affairs Committee.
Reeves described Browning in a news release as a strong social and fiscal conservative.
Browning is a native of Pontotoc. He represents Senate District 3, which is comprised of portions of Pontotoc, Union and Calhoun counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager