State lawmaker switching parties to GOP
by Associated Press
Published: March 26,2013
PONTOTOC — State Sen. Nicky Browning of Pontotoc is switching to the Republican Party.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves, a Republican, made the announcement today.
Browning has served in the Legislature as a Democrat since 1996. He is chairman of the Senate County Affairs Committee.
Reeves described Browning in a news release as a strong social and fiscal conservative.
Browning is a native of Pontotoc. He represents Senate District 3, which is comprised of portions of Pontotoc, Union and Calhoun counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software