State lawmaker switching parties to GOP
Published: March 26,2013
PONTOTOC — State Sen. Nicky Browning of Pontotoc is switching to the Republican Party.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves, a Republican, made the announcement today.
Browning has served in the Legislature as a Democrat since 1996. He is chairman of the Senate County Affairs Committee.
Reeves described Browning in a news release as a strong social and fiscal conservative.
Browning is a native of Pontotoc. He represents Senate District 3, which is comprised of portions of Pontotoc, Union and Calhoun counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers