State lawmaker switching parties to GOP
Published: March 26,2013
PONTOTOC — State Sen. Nicky Browning of Pontotoc is switching to the Republican Party.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves, a Republican, made the announcement today.
Browning has served in the Legislature as a Democrat since 1996. He is chairman of the Senate County Affairs Committee.
Reeves described Browning in a news release as a strong social and fiscal conservative.
Browning is a native of Pontotoc. He represents Senate District 3, which is comprised of portions of Pontotoc, Union and Calhoun counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues