State lawmaker switching parties to GOP
Published: March 26,2013
PONTOTOC — State Sen. Nicky Browning of Pontotoc is switching to the Republican Party.
Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves, a Republican, made the announcement today.
Browning has served in the Legislature as a Democrat since 1996. He is chairman of the Senate County Affairs Committee.
Reeves described Browning in a news release as a strong social and fiscal conservative.
Browning is a native of Pontotoc. He represents Senate District 3, which is comprised of portions of Pontotoc, Union and Calhoun counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma