Roadbuilder starts work on Pine Belt interstate project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2013
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a Jones County interchange improvement project at the Interstate 59-16th Avenue/Exit 95 interchange.
The $1.18-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project will include the installation of a traffic signal and redesign of traffic flow at the interchange. When the project is completed, the merge condition will be eliminated on northbound I-59.
“This important safety improvement project will improve the channeling of traffic in the area leading up to the interchange of I-59 at 16th Avenue and Highway 15 North,” said Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
Lane closures on northbound I-59 can be expected during the construction of this project.
The project is scheduled for completion this summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center