Roadbuilder starts work on Pine Belt interstate project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2013
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a Jones County interchange improvement project at the Interstate 59-16th Avenue/Exit 95 interchange.
The $1.18-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project will include the installation of a traffic signal and redesign of traffic flow at the interchange. When the project is completed, the merge condition will be eliminated on northbound I-59.
“This important safety improvement project will improve the channeling of traffic in the area leading up to the interchange of I-59 at 16th Avenue and Highway 15 North,” said Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
Lane closures on northbound I-59 can be expected during the construction of this project.
The project is scheduled for completion this summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love