Roadbuilder starts work on Pine Belt interstate project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2013
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a Jones County interchange improvement project at the Interstate 59-16th Avenue/Exit 95 interchange.
The $1.18-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project will include the installation of a traffic signal and redesign of traffic flow at the interchange. When the project is completed, the merge condition will be eliminated on northbound I-59.
“This important safety improvement project will improve the channeling of traffic in the area leading up to the interchange of I-59 at 16th Avenue and Highway 15 North,” said Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
Lane closures on northbound I-59 can be expected during the construction of this project.
The project is scheduled for completion this summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange