Roadbuilder starts work on Pine Belt interstate project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2013
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a Jones County interchange improvement project at the Interstate 59-16th Avenue/Exit 95 interchange.
The $1.18-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project will include the installation of a traffic signal and redesign of traffic flow at the interchange. When the project is completed, the merge condition will be eliminated on northbound I-59.
“This important safety improvement project will improve the channeling of traffic in the area leading up to the interchange of I-59 at 16th Avenue and Highway 15 North,” said Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
Lane closures on northbound I-59 can be expected during the construction of this project.
The project is scheduled for completion this summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years