Roadbuilder starts work on Pine Belt interstate project
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 27,2013
LAUREL — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has begun a Jones County interchange improvement project at the Interstate 59-16th Avenue/Exit 95 interchange.
The $1.18-million project was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders of Laurel. The project will include the installation of a traffic signal and redesign of traffic flow at the interchange. When the project is completed, the merge condition will be eliminated on northbound I-59.
“This important safety improvement project will improve the channeling of traffic in the area leading up to the interchange of I-59 at 16th Avenue and Highway 15 North,” said Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King.
Lane closures on northbound I-59 can be expected during the construction of this project.
The project is scheduled for completion this summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015