Special election runoff required for vacant House seat
Published: March 27,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — A run-off election will be April 16 between House District 11 candidates Anderson Boothe and Lataisha Jackson.
Jackson and Boothe were the top two vote getters in Tuesday’s special election to fill the unexpired term of late state Rep. Joe Gardner. Other candidates were Marshall Bartlett and Ederic Kerney.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment