Special election runoff required for vacant House seat
by Associated Press
Published: March 27,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — A run-off election will be April 16 between House District 11 candidates Anderson Boothe and Lataisha Jackson.
Jackson and Boothe were the top two vote getters in Tuesday’s special election to fill the unexpired term of late state Rep. Joe Gardner. Other candidates were Marshall Bartlett and Ederic Kerney.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- News The Way You Want It!
- Hattiesburg-based eValueville gets big on eBay