Special election runoff required for vacant House seat
by Associated Press
Published: March 27,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — A run-off election will be April 16 between House District 11 candidates Anderson Boothe and Lataisha Jackson.
Jackson and Boothe were the top two vote getters in Tuesday’s special election to fill the unexpired term of late state Rep. Joe Gardner. Other candidates were Marshall Bartlett and Ederic Kerney.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center