Special election runoff required for vacant House seat
Published: March 27,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — A run-off election will be April 16 between House District 11 candidates Anderson Boothe and Lataisha Jackson.
Jackson and Boothe were the top two vote getters in Tuesday’s special election to fill the unexpired term of late state Rep. Joe Gardner. Other candidates were Marshall Bartlett and Ederic Kerney.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager