Special election runoff required for vacant House seat
Published: March 27,2013
PANOLA COUNTY and TATE COUNTY — A run-off election will be April 16 between House District 11 candidates Anderson Boothe and Lataisha Jackson.
Jackson and Boothe were the top two vote getters in Tuesday’s special election to fill the unexpired term of late state Rep. Joe Gardner. Other candidates were Marshall Bartlett and Ederic Kerney.
Gardner, a Democrat from Batesville, died in February. He had been a member of the Mississippi House since 2007. He represented District 11, which includes parts of Panola and Tate counties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital