St Dominic, HMA back in court over outpatient clinic
by Associated Press
Published: March 27,2013
JACKSON — The Mississippi Supreme Court will hear arguments today in a lawsuit involving St. Dominic Health Systems’ efforts to buy an outpatient clinic in Madison County.
A judge ruled against St. Dominic in 2011.
In 2008, St. Dominic agreed to buy the ambulatory surgery center for $800,000. Although the center was no longer in operation, St. Dominic would obtain the certificate of need for running an outpatient surgery center.
St. Dominic sued when the center’s owner put it back on the market after the sale was not completed within 30 days. The owner agreed to sell it to Health Management Associates, a St. Dominic competitor.
St. Dominic’s argues in its appeal that its deal to purchase the property did not fall through, according to court documents.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years