Campbell running Center
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
Dr. Shannon Campbell, a veteran of economic development at all levels, has been named the new director of The Trent Lott National Center for Excellence in Economic Development and Entrepreneurship at the University of Southern Mississippi. Campbell, a Taylorsville native, has spent the previous 17 years at Jones County Junior College, including the last five as dean of Liberal Arts, Industrial Services and Advanced Technology Center. Campbell, who owns a poultry and cattle company with her husband, Neal Campbell, earned a bachelor of science in industrial engineering from Mississippi State University (1991). She earned a master of science in workforce development (2001) and a doctorate in international development (2007) at Southern Miss.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point