EXPO honors Mississippi’s future
The 2013 Mississippi Business Journal Business & Technology EXPO wouldn’t be complete without its annual “Top 40 Under 40” awards luncheon.
The popular program was recognized last year for its twentieth year of honoring the state’s young luminaries; the best and the brightest of both the private and public sectors.
“It’s always a good class, you can’t go wrong,” says MBJ advertising director and EXPO coordinator Tami Jones.
Started in 1993, the program honors 40 Mississippians under the age of 40 from a variety of businesses and industries, from banking and law to education and non-profit work.
Jones says more than 300 people are expected to attend the lunch which will be held April 4 at the Mississippi Trade Mart from 11:30 to 1:00 PM. Family, coworkers and friends are always on hand to wish their best to the new class.
With music and entertainment by Raphael Semmes and food provided by Mangia Bene Catering, the event will honor the 2013 class and highlight the history of the program.
“Up until we announce we have tons of calls,” Jones says. “People love to be picked.” Jones says many recipients consider the program induction to be a touchstone of their career.
Sponsors for this year’s event include LUBA Worker’s Comp, BancorpSouth and Comcast.
“LUBA Workers’ Comp is proud to sponsor Top 40 Under 40,” says Trent Bondy, LUBA assistant vice president
“These young professionals come from different backgrounds but all have an exceptional commitment to their companies and community. LUBA shares those values, because our company was built on commitment and dependability.”
“We hope this recognition encourages them and other young professionals to go out into the community, work hard to improve our economy and at the same time give back through volunteer service,” says MBJ editor Ross Reily.
“We send you out as ambassadors for Mississippi with a duty to help and move us forward.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line