EXPO honors Mississippi’s future
The 2013 Mississippi Business Journal Business & Technology EXPO wouldn’t be complete without its annual “Top 40 Under 40” awards luncheon.
The popular program was recognized last year for its twentieth year of honoring the state’s young luminaries; the best and the brightest of both the private and public sectors.
“It’s always a good class, you can’t go wrong,” says MBJ advertising director and EXPO coordinator Tami Jones.
Started in 1993, the program honors 40 Mississippians under the age of 40 from a variety of businesses and industries, from banking and law to education and non-profit work.
Jones says more than 300 people are expected to attend the lunch which will be held April 4 at the Mississippi Trade Mart from 11:30 to 1:00 PM. Family, coworkers and friends are always on hand to wish their best to the new class.
With music and entertainment by Raphael Semmes and food provided by Mangia Bene Catering, the event will honor the 2013 class and highlight the history of the program.
“Up until we announce we have tons of calls,” Jones says. “People love to be picked.” Jones says many recipients consider the program induction to be a touchstone of their career.
Sponsors for this year’s event include LUBA Worker’s Comp, BancorpSouth and Comcast.
“LUBA Workers’ Comp is proud to sponsor Top 40 Under 40,” says Trent Bondy, LUBA assistant vice president
“These young professionals come from different backgrounds but all have an exceptional commitment to their companies and community. LUBA shares those values, because our company was built on commitment and dependability.”
“We hope this recognition encourages them and other young professionals to go out into the community, work hard to improve our economy and at the same time give back through volunteer service,” says MBJ editor Ross Reily.
“We send you out as ambassadors for Mississippi with a duty to help and move us forward.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring