Hancock brings in Brown
Hancock Fabrics Inc. has hired James B. Brown, 44, as executive vice president and CFO. Prior to joining Hancock, Brown was employed by Fred’s Inc., in Memphis where he served as senior vice president, finance from November 2011 to March 2013, being promoted from his earlier positions of vice president, planning and analysis and assistant controller. He started his accounting career with Feeley & Driscoll, P.C., a public accounting firm in Boston, following his service in the Marine Corps and graduating from the University of Puget Sound with a bachelor degree in accounting and economics. From there he entered private industry, holding accounting management positions in such diverse organizations as Dragon Systems Inc., Transform Pharmaceuticals Inc., Rotable Asset Management, LLC, and Pinnacle Airlines Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects