Hancock brings in Brown
Hancock Fabrics Inc. has hired James B. Brown, 44, as executive vice president and CFO. Prior to joining Hancock, Brown was employed by Fred’s Inc., in Memphis where he served as senior vice president, finance from November 2011 to March 2013, being promoted from his earlier positions of vice president, planning and analysis and assistant controller. He started his accounting career with Feeley & Driscoll, P.C., a public accounting firm in Boston, following his service in the Marine Corps and graduating from the University of Puget Sound with a bachelor degree in accounting and economics. From there he entered private industry, holding accounting management positions in such diverse organizations as Dragon Systems Inc., Transform Pharmaceuticals Inc., Rotable Asset Management, LLC, and Pinnacle Airlines Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access