Hancock brings in Brown
Hancock Fabrics Inc. has hired James B. Brown, 44, as executive vice president and CFO. Prior to joining Hancock, Brown was employed by Fred’s Inc., in Memphis where he served as senior vice president, finance from November 2011 to March 2013, being promoted from his earlier positions of vice president, planning and analysis and assistant controller. He started his accounting career with Feeley & Driscoll, P.C., a public accounting firm in Boston, following his service in the Marine Corps and graduating from the University of Puget Sound with a bachelor degree in accounting and economics. From there he entered private industry, holding accounting management positions in such diverse organizations as Dragon Systems Inc., Transform Pharmaceuticals Inc., Rotable Asset Management, LLC, and Pinnacle Airlines Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders