Hancock brings in Brown
Hancock Fabrics Inc. has hired James B. Brown, 44, as executive vice president and CFO. Prior to joining Hancock, Brown was employed by Fred’s Inc., in Memphis where he served as senior vice president, finance from November 2011 to March 2013, being promoted from his earlier positions of vice president, planning and analysis and assistant controller. He started his accounting career with Feeley & Driscoll, P.C., a public accounting firm in Boston, following his service in the Marine Corps and graduating from the University of Puget Sound with a bachelor degree in accounting and economics. From there he entered private industry, holding accounting management positions in such diverse organizations as Dragon Systems Inc., Transform Pharmaceuticals Inc., Rotable Asset Management, LLC, and Pinnacle Airlines Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House