Hospital recognizes workers
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
River Oaks Hospital “Associates of the Year” were announced recently at an employee meeting. Brad Farmer received the River Oaks Associate of the Year award. Since 1995, Farmer has been an associate at River Oaks where he currently serves as the laboratory’s point-of-care testing supervisor. Farmer started as a student, was hired as a lab assistant, graduated from the Medical Laboratory Technician Program, used the tuition reimbursement benefit to complete medical technology school while still working full-time, and accepted many areas of responsibility over his seventeen years of employment. He resides in Madison.
Nikita Bennett, RN, was selected for River Oaks Nurse of the Year award. Bennett started her nursing career as a nursing assistant in 1985 at Mississippi State Hospital. She completed her licensed practical nurse training in 1986 from Hinds Community College and remained at Mississippi State Hospital in the LPN role. In 1997, she returned to Hinds Community College and furthered her education to become a registered nurse. At this point, Bennett knew she “wanted and needed to work in a hospital setting” and began working at River Oaks Hospital. She has been a RN on the same unit since August 1997 and serves as a role model to her fellow nurses and co-workers. Bennett resides in Jackson.
Jan Shannon, RN, was awarded River Oaks Director of the Year Award. Shannon has been the director of quality management for River Oaks Hospital for the past five years. Before transferring to River Oaks Hospital in 2007, she worked at HMA’s Central Mississippi Medical Center for 26 years, initially as a staff nurse, and progressively assuming additional responsibilities and promotions, including GYN/general surgery head nurse and quality management director. She resides in Byram.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference