Hummel made provost
William Carey University alumnus Scott Hummel is his alma mater’s new provost and executive vice president. Hummel, the school’s vice president of advancement and church relations since 2008, will help WCU president Tommy King with the university’s day-to-day operations, allowing King to focus on strategic planning and the “big-vision” types of things for the university. King called Hummel, a 1987 William Carey grad, a hard worker and quick learner. Hummel is taking over two positions unfilled since King assumed the presidency in 2006 from the position of executive vice president — a role he served under former president Larry Kennedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form