Hummel made provost
William Carey University alumnus Scott Hummel is his alma mater’s new provost and executive vice president. Hummel, the school’s vice president of advancement and church relations since 2008, will help WCU president Tommy King with the university’s day-to-day operations, allowing King to focus on strategic planning and the “big-vision” types of things for the university. King called Hummel, a 1987 William Carey grad, a hard worker and quick learner. Hummel is taking over two positions unfilled since King assumed the presidency in 2006 from the position of executive vice president — a role he served under former president Larry Kennedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip