Hummel made provost
William Carey University alumnus Scott Hummel is his alma mater’s new provost and executive vice president. Hummel, the school’s vice president of advancement and church relations since 2008, will help WCU president Tommy King with the university’s day-to-day operations, allowing King to focus on strategic planning and the “big-vision” types of things for the university. King called Hummel, a 1987 William Carey grad, a hard worker and quick learner. Hummel is taking over two positions unfilled since King assumed the presidency in 2006 from the position of executive vice president — a role he served under former president Larry Kennedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement