Hummel made provost
William Carey University alumnus Scott Hummel is his alma mater’s new provost and executive vice president. Hummel, the school’s vice president of advancement and church relations since 2008, will help WCU president Tommy King with the university’s day-to-day operations, allowing King to focus on strategic planning and the “big-vision” types of things for the university. King called Hummel, a 1987 William Carey grad, a hard worker and quick learner. Hummel is taking over two positions unfilled since King assumed the presidency in 2006 from the position of executive vice president — a role he served under former president Larry Kennedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015