Hummel made provost
William Carey University alumnus Scott Hummel is his alma mater’s new provost and executive vice president. Hummel, the school’s vice president of advancement and church relations since 2008, will help WCU president Tommy King with the university’s day-to-day operations, allowing King to focus on strategic planning and the “big-vision” types of things for the university. King called Hummel, a 1987 William Carey grad, a hard worker and quick learner. Hummel is taking over two positions unfilled since King assumed the presidency in 2006 from the position of executive vice president — a role he served under former president Larry Kennedy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing