Jackson-based bank buying branch office in Oxford
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
OXFORD — Trustmark National Bank, a subsidiary of Trustmark Corporation, has signed a definitive branch purchase and assumption agreement pursuant to which it will acquire the two branches of SOUTHBank, F.S.B., serving the Oxford market.
The agreement contemplates the assumption of selected deposit accounts of approximately $11.8 million as well as the purchase of the physical branch offices. The proposed transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions, is expected to be completed during the summer of 2013.
Terms were not disclosed.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Jackson-based Trustmark, said, “We look forward to welcoming the Oxford customers and associates of SOUTHBank to the Trustmark family. This transaction provides our existing Oxford customers with the added convenience of well-positioned banking offices on the Courthouse Square and Jackson Avenue.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training