Jackson-based bank buying branch office in Oxford
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
OXFORD — Trustmark National Bank, a subsidiary of Trustmark Corporation, has signed a definitive branch purchase and assumption agreement pursuant to which it will acquire the two branches of SOUTHBank, F.S.B., serving the Oxford market.
The agreement contemplates the assumption of selected deposit accounts of approximately $11.8 million as well as the purchase of the physical branch offices. The proposed transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions, is expected to be completed during the summer of 2013.
Terms were not disclosed.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Jackson-based Trustmark, said, “We look forward to welcoming the Oxford customers and associates of SOUTHBank to the Trustmark family. This transaction provides our existing Oxford customers with the added convenience of well-positioned banking offices on the Courthouse Square and Jackson Avenue.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years