Jackson-based bank buying branch office in Oxford
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
OXFORD — Trustmark National Bank, a subsidiary of Trustmark Corporation, has signed a definitive branch purchase and assumption agreement pursuant to which it will acquire the two branches of SOUTHBank, F.S.B., serving the Oxford market.
The agreement contemplates the assumption of selected deposit accounts of approximately $11.8 million as well as the purchase of the physical branch offices. The proposed transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions, is expected to be completed during the summer of 2013.
Terms were not disclosed.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Jackson-based Trustmark, said, “We look forward to welcoming the Oxford customers and associates of SOUTHBank to the Trustmark family. This transaction provides our existing Oxford customers with the added convenience of well-positioned banking offices on the Courthouse Square and Jackson Avenue.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement