Jackson-based bank buying branch office in Oxford
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
OXFORD — Trustmark National Bank, a subsidiary of Trustmark Corporation, has signed a definitive branch purchase and assumption agreement pursuant to which it will acquire the two branches of SOUTHBank, F.S.B., serving the Oxford market.
The agreement contemplates the assumption of selected deposit accounts of approximately $11.8 million as well as the purchase of the physical branch offices. The proposed transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions, is expected to be completed during the summer of 2013.
Terms were not disclosed.
Gerard R. Host, president and CEO of Jackson-based Trustmark, said, “We look forward to welcoming the Oxford customers and associates of SOUTHBank to the Trustmark family. This transaction provides our existing Oxford customers with the added convenience of well-positioned banking offices on the Courthouse Square and Jackson Avenue.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau