Keeping Our Eye On: Cassi Strange
by Stephen McDill
Published: March 29,2013
Name: Cassi Strange
Company: Capitol Staffing Inc.
Brandon native Cassi Strange says its still a tough job market.
As a recruiter for Capitol Staffing, one of the state’s oldest, privately-owned staffing companies, Strange takes pride in being a team player and working hard to build relationships with potential clients through community volunteering, networking, and marketing.
“I am in the office each day interviewing and screening applicants, marketing them to client companies, and calling on existing clients for jobs,” Strange says.
After earning a BA in exercise science from the University of Mississippi, Strange worked in health & wellness and advertising before interviewing for a position with Capitol. Strange says owner Carolyn Harris, “is a wonderful mentor and advocate for women in the workplace.”
“There is always a need for temporary and permanent employment, and assistance that we provide our clients is irreplaceable,” Strange says. “Employers looking to fill a position value candidates with job experience and stability. First time applicants should not be discouraged. It is important build a strong resume and interview with confidence.”
Strange and husband Stewart live in Madison where she enjoys photography and tailgating in The Grove at Ole Miss during football season.
Favorite things about Mississippi: Our weather and Southern food.
Best Mississippi event: Mal’s St. Paddy Day Parade
First job ever: Church nursery at Crossgates Baptist Church
Favorite Mississippi food: Fried chicken and bread pudding at Fannin Mart Restaurant in Brandon.
Favorite TV Show: “The Voice”
Favorite Movie: “Bridesmaids”
Favorite Band: Sugarland
Personal Hero: “My high school English teacher Pam Ulrich. She taught me that I didn’t have to be perfect in school or in life but to do my personal best.”
-To be featured in this continuing series, please contact Stephen McDill at firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy