Manufacturer expanding plant, adding new jobs
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
PELAHATCHIE — Multicraft International, manufacturer and supplier of automotive components for domestic automakers, is expanding its operations in Pelahatchie to accommodate an increase in production.
The project represents a company investment of $250,000 and will create 30 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“Multicraft is experiencing significant growth as U.S. manufacturing, particularly in the South, benefits from its attractiveness in the global market, and Mississippi’s business-friendly environment is once again demonstrated by the tangible support and assistance of all the agencies involved,” said Multicraft CEO Andrew Mallinson.
To support the expansion, the MDA provided the company with assistance for modifications to its Pelahatchie facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs