Manufacturer expanding plant, adding new jobs
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
PELAHATCHIE — Multicraft International, manufacturer and supplier of automotive components for domestic automakers, is expanding its operations in Pelahatchie to accommodate an increase in production.
The project represents a company investment of $250,000 and will create 30 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
“Multicraft is experiencing significant growth as U.S. manufacturing, particularly in the South, benefits from its attractiveness in the global market, and Mississippi’s business-friendly environment is once again demonstrated by the tangible support and assistance of all the agencies involved,” said Multicraft CEO Andrew Mallinson.
To support the expansion, the MDA provided the company with assistance for modifications to its Pelahatchie facility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy