Smith awarded scholarship
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
Starkville nurse practitioner, Mary Atkinson Smith, DNP, FNP-BC, was recently named the sole recipient of a full scholarship to attend the Nurse in Washington Internship held by the Nursing Organizations Alliance in Washington, D.C. Smith is a board-certified family nurse practitioner and surgical first assistant. She also has additional certifications in orthopaedics and perioperative nursing. Smith is the director of health care services for the Golden Triangle Planning and Development District where she has recently incorporated her house call and transitional program that serves elderly and disabled homebound patients across a seven county area. Smith is also an assistant professor of nursing in the graduate nursing department at the Mississippi University for Women in Columbus in addition to being adjunct faculty with the University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Smith is an active member of several professional nursing organizations and has successfully published in various nursing journals. She has served as the past Mississippi Nurses Association District 18 president and is currently chair of the National Association of Orthopaedic Nurses Evidence-Based Practice and Research Committee and a member of the Mississippi Nurses Foundation board of trustees.
Smith received her bachelor of science in nursing from the Mississippi University for Women, her master of science in nursing from the University of Mississippi School of Nursing and her doctor of nursing practice from the University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Smith awarded scholarship”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan