Sullivan elected president
by MBJ Staff
Published: March 29,2013
Charles L. Sullivan, professor emeritus and archivist at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, has been elected president of the Mississippi Historical Society. He was named vice president in 2012 and elevated to the presidency during the most recent annual meeting. He will serve as president for one year.
Sullivan is the author of “The Mississippi Gulf Coast: Portrait of a People” (1985), “Hurricanes of the Mississippi Gulf Coast” (1986), “Hurricanes of the Mississippi Gulf Coast: Three Centuries of Destruction” (2009), “Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College: A History, 1911-2000″ (2002), “Down South with the Dixie Press” (2006) and “Gulf Coast Album: A Journey in Historic Photographs 1899-2011 From New Orleans Across the Mississippi Gulf Coast to Mobile” (2011). In collaboration with Bourbon Hughes, he produced “Valor Remembered: 20th Century War Dead of the State of Mississippi” (1996).
Named Biloxi Historian of the Year in 1987, Sullivan was also the recipient of the Director’s Award for Preservation of Mississippi Culture by the Mississippi Humanities Council (2008), the Dunbar Rowland Award from the Mississippi Historical Society in recognition of his lifelong contributions to the preservation, study and interpretation of Mississippi history (2010) and the Mary Ellen Alexander Award from the Long Beach Historical Society (2013).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast