Woods named superintendent
Jerry Woods is the new superintendent of Okolona School District. Woods currently is a scholastic auditor for the State of Arkansas. He brings experience as superintendent at school districts in Tennessee and Arkansas. The Okolona district went into conservatorship in February 2010 due to poor academic rankings and financial instability. The school board was dissolved and the superintendents’ post vacated when a state conservator was named. A native of Jackson, Tenn., Woods graduated from Lambuth University in 1976, obtained his master’s in education from the University of Memphis and earned a doctorate at the University of Mississippi. A former special education teacher, Woods was a principal in the Jackson, Tenn., school district. He was also a superintendent at Covington School District and Clinton School District in Tennessee. He was most recently superintendent at Forrest City, Ark., from 2008 to 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters