Woods named superintendent
Jerry Woods is the new superintendent of Okolona School District. Woods currently is a scholastic auditor for the State of Arkansas. He brings experience as superintendent at school districts in Tennessee and Arkansas. The Okolona district went into conservatorship in February 2010 due to poor academic rankings and financial instability. The school board was dissolved and the superintendents’ post vacated when a state conservator was named. A native of Jackson, Tenn., Woods graduated from Lambuth University in 1976, obtained his master’s in education from the University of Memphis and earned a doctorate at the University of Mississippi. A former special education teacher, Woods was a principal in the Jackson, Tenn., school district. He was also a superintendent at Covington School District and Clinton School District in Tennessee. He was most recently superintendent at Forrest City, Ark., from 2008 to 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange