Woods named superintendent
Jerry Woods is the new superintendent of Okolona School District. Woods currently is a scholastic auditor for the State of Arkansas. He brings experience as superintendent at school districts in Tennessee and Arkansas. The Okolona district went into conservatorship in February 2010 due to poor academic rankings and financial instability. The school board was dissolved and the superintendents’ post vacated when a state conservator was named. A native of Jackson, Tenn., Woods graduated from Lambuth University in 1976, obtained his master’s in education from the University of Memphis and earned a doctorate at the University of Mississippi. A former special education teacher, Woods was a principal in the Jackson, Tenn., school district. He was also a superintendent at Covington School District and Clinton School District in Tennessee. He was most recently superintendent at Forrest City, Ark., from 2008 to 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill