Woods named superintendent
Jerry Woods is the new superintendent of Okolona School District. Woods currently is a scholastic auditor for the State of Arkansas. He brings experience as superintendent at school districts in Tennessee and Arkansas. The Okolona district went into conservatorship in February 2010 due to poor academic rankings and financial instability. The school board was dissolved and the superintendents’ post vacated when a state conservator was named. A native of Jackson, Tenn., Woods graduated from Lambuth University in 1976, obtained his master’s in education from the University of Memphis and earned a doctorate at the University of Mississippi. A former special education teacher, Woods was a principal in the Jackson, Tenn., school district. He was also a superintendent at Covington School District and Clinton School District in Tennessee. He was most recently superintendent at Forrest City, Ark., from 2008 to 2012.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus