Couple accused of taking money from dart association
Published: April 1,2013
ST. MARTIN — Authorities say a Jackson County couple accused of taking money from a dart association face an embezzlement charge.
Biloxi police investigator David Shoemaker tells The Sun Herald 41-year-old Vica Ann Dees and 42-year-old Bryson John Dees, of St. Martin, allegedly took more than $14,000 from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Dart Association over several months.
Shoemaker says the two were arrested, taken to Harrison County jail and released on bond.
He says the investigation into the embezzlement began in May when the association’s board discovered a discrepancy in its general fund account after an audit.
The Biloxi-based association serves Harrison and Jackson counties and has more than 800 members.
It was unclear whether the Dees have attorneys.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste