Couple accused of taking money from dart association
by Associated Press
Published: April 1,2013
ST. MARTIN — Authorities say a Jackson County couple accused of taking money from a dart association face an embezzlement charge.
Biloxi police investigator David Shoemaker tells The Sun Herald 41-year-old Vica Ann Dees and 42-year-old Bryson John Dees, of St. Martin, allegedly took more than $14,000 from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Dart Association over several months.
Shoemaker says the two were arrested, taken to Harrison County jail and released on bond.
He says the investigation into the embezzlement began in May when the association’s board discovered a discrepancy in its general fund account after an audit.
The Biloxi-based association serves Harrison and Jackson counties and has more than 800 members.
It was unclear whether the Dees have attorneys.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip