Couple accused of taking money from dart association
Published: April 1,2013
ST. MARTIN — Authorities say a Jackson County couple accused of taking money from a dart association face an embezzlement charge.
Biloxi police investigator David Shoemaker tells The Sun Herald 41-year-old Vica Ann Dees and 42-year-old Bryson John Dees, of St. Martin, allegedly took more than $14,000 from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Dart Association over several months.
Shoemaker says the two were arrested, taken to Harrison County jail and released on bond.
He says the investigation into the embezzlement began in May when the association’s board discovered a discrepancy in its general fund account after an audit.
The Biloxi-based association serves Harrison and Jackson counties and has more than 800 members.
It was unclear whether the Dees have attorneys.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues