Couple accused of taking money from dart association
Published: April 1,2013
ST. MARTIN — Authorities say a Jackson County couple accused of taking money from a dart association face an embezzlement charge.
Biloxi police investigator David Shoemaker tells The Sun Herald 41-year-old Vica Ann Dees and 42-year-old Bryson John Dees, of St. Martin, allegedly took more than $14,000 from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Dart Association over several months.
Shoemaker says the two were arrested, taken to Harrison County jail and released on bond.
He says the investigation into the embezzlement began in May when the association’s board discovered a discrepancy in its general fund account after an audit.
The Biloxi-based association serves Harrison and Jackson counties and has more than 800 members.
It was unclear whether the Dees have attorneys.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant