Couple accused of taking money from dart association
Published: April 1,2013
ST. MARTIN — Authorities say a Jackson County couple accused of taking money from a dart association face an embezzlement charge.
Biloxi police investigator David Shoemaker tells The Sun Herald 41-year-old Vica Ann Dees and 42-year-old Bryson John Dees, of St. Martin, allegedly took more than $14,000 from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Dart Association over several months.
Shoemaker says the two were arrested, taken to Harrison County jail and released on bond.
He says the investigation into the embezzlement began in May when the association’s board discovered a discrepancy in its general fund account after an audit.
The Biloxi-based association serves Harrison and Jackson counties and has more than 800 members.
It was unclear whether the Dees have attorneys.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years